Replacing DirectX 11 with DirectX 9

Hello,
I have run into probles with World of Warcraft running properly since I downloade DirectX 11. It was suggested that I reload DirectX9. How can I do this?
5 answers Last reply
More about replacing directx directx
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Applications by Grumpy9117
  2. You should first update your video driver; that will likely cure the problem. But if you really need to go back to DX9 then you will need to perform a system restore back to before you loaded DX11.
  3. Obviously you don't have Win7.
    Since you downloaded DX11 you should be able to un-install it in add/remove programs.
    Your O/S will have either DX9 or 10.1 natively depending if it's XP or i assume Vista.
    Run this once you un-install DX11.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3
  4. if you only have xp then directx will only install dx9.c components. it wont install dx11/ although the dxdiag will tell you that you have dx11 on your system.
    you shouldn't have to uninstall anything. just run a dx redist installer and it will update any missing components.
  5. plus 1 for hexit!!!!!!!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics World Of Warcraft Directx Apps