Anyone interested?

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 15, 2005 11:35:39 PM

I have a 4 year old Hitachi 43FDX01B television that needs a new DCU and
possibly other parts.

I really don't want to take it to the dump.

I live in the Portland Oregon metro area.

Rick.

More about : interested

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:35:40 PM

Call the Local Servicers for Hitachi Products, maybe someone there will take
it off your hands.
"roost4u" <mcmurria@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have a 4 year old Hitachi 43FDX01B television that needs a new DCU and
> possibly other parts.
>
> I really don't want to take it to the dump.
>
> I live in the Portland Oregon metro area.
>
> Rick.

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:28:21 AM

"roost4u" <mcmurria@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have a 4 year old Hitachi 43FDX01B television that needs a new DCU and
> possibly other parts.
>
> I really don't want to take it to the dump.
>
> I live in the Portland Oregon metro area.
>
> Rick.

Rick,

If you can't give it away you can call PTS Electronics, a circuit board
rebuilder that buys dud boards, and see if they will buy the circuit boards.
You will need to get the Hitachi part numbers, but if they are buying those
boards you might get $40-80 out of it at least, less the shipping and time.
At least they will be recycled and not go into the dump. You can research
the part numbers on the Tritronics web site.

Leonard
February 16, 2005 10:02:13 AM

I already tried. There is only one service rep in the whole area. They don't
want it.

Rick.
"Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Call the Local Servicers for Hitachi Products, maybe someone there will
take
> it off your hands.
> "roost4u" <mcmurria@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >I have a 4 year old Hitachi 43FDX01B television that needs a new DCU and
> > possibly other parts.
> >
> > I really don't want to take it to the dump.
> >
> > I live in the Portland Oregon metro area.
> >
> > Rick.

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:02:14 AM

Maybe Seattle area?? Cost of transport will deminish the final value of the
item. That it the problem with these things when they no longer are "Cost
Effective" to repair. Even if you are flat giving the thing away it will
need at least effort to drive over and pick it up, and I am sure you do not
want to ship it across the country to Michigan!! Best suggestion may be to
just curb the thing.
>I already tried. There is only one service rep in the whole area. They
>don't
> want it.
>
> Rick.
> "Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Call the Local Servicers for Hitachi Products, maybe someone there will
> take
>> it off your hands.
>> "roost4u" <mcmurria@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> >I have a 4 year old Hitachi 43FDX01B television that needs a new DCU and
>> > possibly other parts.
>> >
>> > I really don't want to take it to the dump.
>> >
>> > I live in the Portland Oregon metro area.
>> >
>> > Rick.

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 7:39:21 AM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:35:39 GMT, "roost4u" <mcmurria@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I have a 4 year old Hitachi 43FDX01B television that needs a new DCU and
>possibly other parts. I really don't want to take it to the dump.

Many years ago i had a nice but dead large Sony TV. I put it in the
back of my pickup truck and went to work. My plan was to go out
at lunch and find a dumpster to heave it into but when lunchtime
came i went out to my truck parked in the street and found someone
had STOLEN THE TV out of the back ! Ha ha !

That was much funnier than having to throw it away :-)

Randy
!