Problem with Lan connection with Telefonica (Spain) ZyXel router

Jonnyrocko

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
Problem with Lan connection with Telefonica (Spain) ZyXel wireless router
The router has been fine for about a year and the all of a sudden the Lan ports stopped working. The wireless connection if still fine but all for ports refuse to establish a connection. I tried changing cable, resittig PC card to another slot and installing, plugging in a laptop to the ports and still nothing.
Im tempted to reset the roughter but a bit nervous to lose all settings.
Please help!

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If you haven't done so, turn off you firewalls. If this doesn't work, resetting it to the factory settings would probably be your best bet but be sure you have the factory log in name and password. If you use your current WPA or WEP password, you might not have to do anything to with them. Have a ZyXEL x-550 and have done this but can't remember if I had to run the Connection Wizard on each computer

G

Hi. I have a Zyxel IAD P2606 and it does the exact same thing! Has also been working for about a year and suddenly the lan connections wont work anymore.... I've disabled my firewall and the reset button also doesn't help...
Please i need help!!
Thanx

G

i have zyxel router for last six months it worked fine for few months but after that it start droping conection regularly after every 2 to 3 minutes .then i send it in warranty but they send it without repair as they told me that for voice you need some nice router like netgear ot belkin...lol..
this is my experience with zyxel ..before i use netgear and belkin i never have any problem with them...