SSE extensions for Athlon 1.4GHz

June 18, 2005 2:38:01 AM

Folks,
I have just installed Rawshooter from a mag CD.
On attempting to run it for thr first time, I get an error message telling
me that SSE extensions cannot be found and that Athlon systems night need a
BIOS update.
For me, a BIOS update for my solid, reliable Asus MB is just about the least
fun thing that I could think of doing to my heavily loaded computer.
System is Athlon 1.41GHz in Asus A7A266 Socket A MB
512MB DDR RAM
80gig system drive, 300gig data drive, lots of other added goodies which, I
hope, should not affect the issue.
All advice, comments and pointers will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Pat
June 18, 2005 2:38:02 AM

So what is the question...?
"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 8vfrq$8ic$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Folks,
> I have just installed Rawshooter from a mag CD.
> On attempting to run it for thr first time, I get an error message telling
> me that SSE extensions cannot be found and that Athlon systems night need
> BIOS update.
> For me, a BIOS update for my solid, reliable Asus MB is just about the
least
> fun thing that I could think of doing to my heavily loaded computer.
> System is Athlon 1.41GHz in Asus A7A266 Socket A MB
> 512MB DDR RAM
> 80gig system drive, 300gig data drive, lots of other added goodies which,
> hope, should not affect the issue.
> All advice, comments and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Pat

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:38:03 AM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:45:46 -0700, "Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote:

>So what is the question...?
>"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:D 8vfrq$8ic$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Folks,
>> I have just installed Rawshooter from a mag CD.
>> On attempting to run it for thr first time, I get an error message telling
>> me that SSE extensions cannot be found and that Athlon systems night need
>> BIOS update.
>> For me, a BIOS update for my solid, reliable Asus MB is just about the
>least
>> fun thing that I could think of doing to my heavily loaded computer.
>> System is Athlon 1.41GHz in Asus A7A266 Socket A MB
>> 512MB DDR RAM
>> 80gig system drive, 300gig data drive, lots of other added goodies which,
>> hope, should not affect the issue.
>> All advice, comments and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Pat

Does the 1.4 support SSE?
My 1.2 GHz doesn't have them.
According to the CPU box in tmpgenc, it only has
mmx, mmx-2 and 3dNow. I realize the your cpu is newer, but you need
to verify it....
Dave
Related resources
June 18, 2005 3:33:49 PM

"da_test" <davexnet02NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:45:46 -0700, "Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote:
>
>>So what is the question...?
>>"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>news:D 8vfrq$8ic$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>> Folks,
>>> I have just installed Rawshooter from a mag CD.
>>> On attempting to run it for thr first time, I get an error message
>>> telling
>>> me that SSE extensions cannot be found and that Athlon systems night
>>> need
>>> BIOS update.
>>> For me, a BIOS update for my solid, reliable Asus MB is just about the
>>least
>>> fun thing that I could think of doing to my heavily loaded computer.
>>> System is Athlon 1.41GHz in Asus A7A266 Socket A MB
>>> 512MB DDR RAM
>>> 80gig system drive, 300gig data drive, lots of other added goodies
>>> which,
>>> hope, should not affect the issue.
>>> All advice, comments and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Pat
>>>

> Does the 1.4 support SSE?
> My 1.2 GHz doesn't have them.
> According to the CPU box in tmpgenc, it only has
> mmx, mmx-2 and 3dNow. I realize the your cpu is newer, but you need
> to verify it....
> Dave

Dave
How do I verify it, or otherwise?

Pat
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 5:03:30 PM

"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 90tq5$gj5$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "da_test" <davexnet02NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:45:46 -0700, "Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote:
>>
>>>So what is the question...?
>>>"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>news:D 8vfrq$8ic$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>>least

>> Does the 1.4 support SSE?
>> My 1.2 GHz doesn't have them.
>> According to the CPU box in tmpgenc, it only has
>> mmx, mmx-2 and 3dNow. I realize the your cpu is newer, but you need
>> to verify it....
>> Dave
>
> Dave
> How do I verify it, or otherwise?
>
> Pat

By going to the web site of the manufacturer and looking up the specs!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban