SSE extensions for Athlon 1.4GHz

Folks,
I have just installed Rawshooter from a mag CD.
On attempting to run it for thr first time, I get an error message telling
me that SSE extensions cannot be found and that Athlon systems night need a
BIOS update.
For me, a BIOS update for my solid, reliable Asus MB is just about the least
fun thing that I could think of doing to my heavily loaded computer.
System is Athlon 1.41GHz in Asus A7A266 Socket A MB
512MB DDR RAM
80gig system drive, 300gig data drive, lots of other added goodies which, I
hope, should not affect the issue.
All advice, comments and pointers will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Pat
4 answers Last reply
More about extensions athlon 4ghz

    So what is the question...?

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:45:46 -0700, "Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote:

    >So what is the question...?
    >"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Folks,
    >> I have just installed Rawshooter from a mag CD.
    >> On attempting to run it for thr first time, I get an error message telling
    >> me that SSE extensions cannot be found and that Athlon systems night need
    >> BIOS update.
    >> For me, a BIOS update for my solid, reliable Asus MB is just about the
    >least
    >> fun thing that I could think of doing to my heavily loaded computer.
    >> System is Athlon 1.41GHz in Asus A7A266 Socket A MB
    >> 512MB DDR RAM
    >> 80gig system drive, 300gig data drive, lots of other added goodies which,
    >> hope, should not affect the issue.
    >> All advice, comments and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Pat

    Does the 1.4 support SSE?
    My 1.2 GHz doesn't have them.
    According to the CPU box in tmpgenc, it only has
    mmx, mmx-2 and 3dNow. I realize the your cpu is newer, but you need
    to verify it....
    Dave

    "da_test" <davexnet02NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:45:46 -0700, "Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote:
    >
    >>So what is the question...?
    >>"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Folks,
    >>> I have just installed Rawshooter from a mag CD.
    >>> On attempting to run it for thr first time, I get an error message
    >>> telling
    >>> me that SSE extensions cannot be found and that Athlon systems night
    >>> need
    >>> BIOS update.
    >>> For me, a BIOS update for my solid, reliable Asus MB is just about the
    >>least
    >>> fun thing that I could think of doing to my heavily loaded computer.
    >>> System is Athlon 1.41GHz in Asus A7A266 Socket A MB
    >>> 512MB DDR RAM
    >>> 80gig system drive, 300gig data drive, lots of other added goodies
    >>> which,
    >>> hope, should not affect the issue.
    >>> All advice, comments and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Pat
    >>>

    > Does the 1.4 support SSE?
    > My 1.2 GHz doesn't have them.
    > According to the CPU box in tmpgenc, it only has
    > mmx, mmx-2 and 3dNow. I realize the your cpu is newer, but you need
    > to verify it....
    > Dave

    Dave
    How do I verify it, or otherwise?

    Pat

    > "da_test" <davexnet02NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:45:46 -0700, "Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>So what is the question...?
    >>>"Pat" <patclough@wembleypark57.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>least

    >> Does the 1.4 support SSE?
    >> My 1.2 GHz doesn't have them.
    >> According to the CPU box in tmpgenc, it only has
    >> mmx, mmx-2 and 3dNow. I realize the your cpu is newer, but you need
    >> to verify it....
    >> Dave
    >
    > Dave
    > How do I verify it, or otherwise?
    >
    > Pat

    By going to the web site of the manufacturer and looking up the specs!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

Extension Windows XP