Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Personal security removal

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 8, 2010 7:36:05 PM

Hello,I want to remove this program ASAP and don't know how because it won't let me uninstall.
April 9, 2010 7:08:29 PM

What program are you trying to uninstall
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b 8 Security
April 9, 2010 8:18:41 PM

Personal security.
Score
April 19, 2010 6:19:51 AM

It's malware disguised as an anti-virus, DogSnake.
Score
April 19, 2010 2:57:50 PM

Yes I know I did not catch the meaning of the title DOH! my bad. As to its removal, the referenced guides usually work in about 80% of the cases. This bugger can write to the system restore points also. If you can not find a restore point that solves the problem, it is a good idea to delete them as part of the cleaning routine and not turn S.R. back on until you know the machine is clean. This link provides a list of associated files. I suggest that after using Malwarebytes a system inspection is done to insure none of these remain. If any are found you may have to go into safe mode to delete them.

http://remove-malware.net/how-to-remove-personal-securi...
Score
April 22, 2010 5:23:34 PM

I followed the routine outlined, went almost all through the scan, found 9 bad files then the system shut down. When restarted it shuts down immediately after GoBack stops. Maybe this is now a variant that uses your info to make it worse????

Can you help???
Score

Best solution

a b 8 Security
April 22, 2010 7:54:10 PM

The first thing to do, is try to remove all infections. Boot into safe mode with networking (F8 on startup). Download, install, and update malwarebytes. Then do a full system scan.
www.malwarebytes.org/

As tominfl has experienced, sometimes the damage has been done to system files. In a case like that, the easiest fix, is to do a windows repair. This process is similar to a windows install, but it simply replaces system files. It won't effect user data at all. Here's a guide on how to use the startup repair.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.h...
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 29, 2010 2:58:10 PM

Hello,I want to remove this program and don't know how because it won't let me uninstall.

Score
a b 8 Security
April 29, 2010 3:15:30 PM

Quote:
Hello,I want to remove this program and don't know how because it won't let me uninstall.

Follow the instructions to use Malwarebytes. That will remove the infection.
Score
January 27, 2012 6:53:06 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 27, 2012 6:53:09 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!