Sign in with
Your question

Video software recommendations

Last response: in Applications
May 12, 2011 8:18:25 PM

I'm in search of two types of software. One that will let me record clips from dvd and save them on my pc. The other to crop the files like you would a photo. A resizing option should also be present. Must be freeware.

I'm looking to take a small cropped area of a dvd video and use it as Android live wallpaper. I have an app already but I lack any good software ideas to get the final file to use with it.

As always any suggestions are welcome.
May 13, 2011 11:59:40 AM

i've used windows movie maker before. rather handy for stiching together different clips and adding titles but i don't remember ever seeing a way for me to actually clip out a part of video to use standalone.

freeview is no longer available.
i dont have a mac for the apple editer
wax doesnt say it supports what i need it to do.
zwei... is thugsatbay.com? not sure i'd trust that site.

for instance... lets say i have a 1920x1080 resolution video file.. i want to be able to clip out a section maybe 10-15 seconds long and then also crop the image to lets say.. 420x800. also i want the ability to resize the video resolution as a whole, i realize this reduces quality.

there has to be a program in existance somewhere (or a combination of two programs) that allows me to do this for free. i don't need flashy effects, i just need those basic functions.
m
l
May 16, 2011 1:18:39 PM

bump.
m
l
!