killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
has anyone played rune? if so what are your views on it... i have no idea how long the game is but ive been playing it for a few hours and im out of hell and up to the surface again... i have no clue about the length... also is multiplayer on it any good?

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

HandOfDragon

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
I love Rune because of its graphic and controls. The graphic is magnificent and its control is very easy (easy to learn but difficult to master is its trade mark, I believe). About the length of the game, I have to say that it's around 75+ hours. You may find it a bit difficult (and may be boring) in the first couples of dungeoun because it force you to practice jumping and swimming with other controls but it's getting more fun later on especially when you have to fight dozen of guys continuously.

Be advice as well that you will need a pretty good graphic card (GF2 MX should do it) and good cpu (Athlon 800MHz should work well). If you set resolution to 1280x1024x32, you will love the graphic you got. MPlayer is also good too but I am a bit of disappointed when I have to try join many game before I successfully join one but heh it's happen to other games as well (Diablo2 and BG2 is quite common).

Anyway, I can only say that I like it a lot. I give me the feeling of fighter walking into the deep dungeoun and you never know what will come up in the next corner =) BTW, you should be able to get it cheap by now. I got mine at around $30. It's should be less than $30 by now.

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well... the problem is it lasted under 20 hours... a bit boring in a few places and random confusing areas of the game are a bit annoying, like the bit when you have to jump off a cliff to get to the next part of the game... the end is a bit of a let down... oh well... the graphics are amazing (i play at 1600x1200) get around 35-40 fps not at all bad... compared to 70 at 640x480

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it's not out in the uk yet... i don't think... and what does it include... how many extra sections... weapons... etc...