Problems installing Win2K on an ASUS A7V

G

I've upgraded my motherboard and processor lately (1GHz T-bird & ASUS A7V) and was hoping that all my older components would make the transition over. It was asking for a lot, as I now know. The first problem I came upon was when I installed my new mobo and processor, win2k would give me a blue screen along with some obscure error message (this from a hard drive with win2k already installed along with all my other [-peep-]). After several hours playing with BIOS and making sure everything was connected properly, I just determined that win2k must have just hated me for changing chipsets from INTEL to AMD, so I formatted hoping that this would solve my problems. After doing this, I threw in my win2k installation boot disk and after it loaded all 4 disks, it gave me the blue screen of death again. This really irritated me and I began to search the web thoroughly for a solution. After finding that my old power supply is far from sufficient (230 watt old p.o.s.), I ordered the Tornado 1000 case with its 300 watt power supply hoping that this will solve my problems. I guess my question is that would my indecent power supply cause win2k to give me these blue error screens when trying to boot/install? The delivery of my case/power supply will be tomorrow so I'm just jumping out of my pants hopin that this will fix my woeful problems. Thank you for any help provided.

Jamie

G

Read the Win2k + A7V + ATA100 Installation guide written by me some time ago.

You obviously did not do your homework, sorry to say!

Best regards
cx5

G

I just did a search for you heading (Win2K + A7V + ATA100) and only came up with my post, and I did in fact do all forums and all posts. Where can I find this installation guide?