Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to uninstall windows 8 developer preview from dual boot windows 7

Last response: in Windows 8
March 1, 2012 12:03:47 AM

http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/fou...

Like a fool I trusted Microsoft to let me go back to my original operating system (Windows VISTA) after trying out Win8. Now my Asus Eee laptop keeps booting into this beta version of Windows which won't recognize my network, making the laptop USELESS to me!

Is the VISTA install GONE?
Can I get my laptop back to where it was before this insane (TRIAL) install?

Damn it, this was supposed to be a trial copy. Why am I NOT able to revert back to the original O.S.? Tried pressing the 'F' keys during boot, it STILL boots to Windows 8 and then starts "Attempting repairs" which it has been doing for more then 20 minutes!

HELP!!!

Lenny Sherman
March 1, 2012 12:28:46 AM

so using the f keys to select a boot volume isnt working? no safe mode options?

i doubt vista is gone, it may just need to be refound.
Score
a b D Laptop
a b * Windows 8
March 1, 2012 12:30:10 AM

Unless you like spam remove your email address.

if you installed a beta OS over Vista that's really your fault, not Microsoft's. You shouldnt mess with it if you dont know what your doing, its a beta and you shouldnt expect it to replace your OS and work perfectly. If you didn't install it on a seperate partition or back up your vista install like you're supposed to your only option is going to be a factory restore
Score
Related resources
March 1, 2012 12:59:22 AM

OOOHHHHHH!!!! good call! i didnt even ask if he installed it side by side or over it! i just assumed....and we know what that does.
Score
a b D Laptop
a b * Windows 8
March 1, 2012 1:03:50 AM

guavasauce said:
OOOHHHHHH!!!! good call! i didnt even ask if he installed it side by side or over it! i just assumed....and we know what that does.

Well the title says he had it dual boot... but you get a very obvious GUI screen asking you to pick the OS you want at start up if you dual boot it. As the title also says windows 7 but he's trying to get vista back I am inclined not to believe the title
Score
March 1, 2012 7:31:29 PM

I think you had to install it using VM ware
Score
a b D Laptop
a b * Windows 8
February 12, 2013 8:13:53 PM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
Score
!