Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cingular Bill Total - $39.99 Plan

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 5:11:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
after taxes.

My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
Thanks in advance.
January 12, 2005 7:08:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
It details your charges. I have a National plan rather than a
regional plan, but I would assume the charges to be similar. I will
be paying $5.82 in fees and taxes in addition to the $39.99 monthly
charge. I live in Arizona. It may be different in other areas of the
country, but for what it's worth.

Dick

On 12 Jan 2005 14:11:21 -0800, "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net>
wrote:

>I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
>billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
>after taxes.
>
>My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>
>This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
>Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 9:16:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> after taxes.
>
> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

I have the $39.99 National plan and I usually pay about $46 plus SMS and net
usage... I'm in Madison, WI
Related resources
January 12, 2005 9:34:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws, base is
$69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.

Ben

"Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> after taxes.
>
> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>
> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> Thanks in advance.
>
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 1:22:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:

> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> after taxes.
>
> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>
> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> Thanks in advance.

Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 1:34:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-662B84.16220912012005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:
>
>> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
>> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
>> after taxes.
>>
>> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>>
>> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
> Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.

Here is a link that will help you estimate your monthly invoice

Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml
January 13, 2005 1:39:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Per Compulady:
> my total bill will be
>after taxes.
>
>My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

Mine is nominally $45. After the government feeding frenzy, the bill runs
around $55-60 with no airtime charges.

But that's with four phones. I see about $1.75 per phone in extra charges
("regulatory cost recovery fee", "federal universal service charge", "standard
911 access" "state gr surcharge", not much in taxes.

My guess for your plan would be $45 max unless your state agencies are in more
of a feeding frenzy than Penna's.

Anybody really know? Am I close?
--
PeteCresswell
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 3:13:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <jChFd.12798$4b.9036@trndny09>,
"wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:jzwick3-662B84.16220912012005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> > In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> >> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> >> after taxes.
> >>
> >> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
> >>
> >> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
> > Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.
>
> Here is a link that will help you estimate your monthly invoice
>
> Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml

Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.

I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 3:13:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-EF9654.18131812012005@news1.west.earthlink.net...

>
> Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.

The calculations would still be the same- taxes are taxes.

>
> I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.

You didn't think- it would require skills you don't possess.

And please cite where it was announced that ATTW tools would be turned oss
on 11/15. I don't believe one can be provided.
January 13, 2005 4:22:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73

"Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> after taxes.
>
> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>
> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> Thanks in advance.
>
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 4:22:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I'm in Cedartown, Georgia-

$39.99 Plan= $45.75 with taxes, Etc.


"DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:93kFd.5352$pZ4.1654@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
> charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73
>
> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
> news:1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
>> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
>> after taxes.
>>
>> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>>
>> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>
>
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 4:22:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Well- it just went up with this month's bill-

$46.01


"Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote in message
news:shkFd.10$BP1.0@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> I'm in Cedartown, Georgia-
>
> $39.99 Plan= $45.75 with taxes, Etc.
>
>
> "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:93kFd.5352$pZ4.1654@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
>> charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73
>>
>> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> news:1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>>> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
>>> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
>>> after taxes.
>>>
>>> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>>>
>>> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
January 13, 2005 5:34:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Per Dick:
>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
>It details your charges.

Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before rather
than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or otherwise)
that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?
--
PeteCresswell
January 13, 2005 9:35:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:34:35 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

>Per Dick:
>>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
>>It details your charges.
>
>Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before rather
>than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or otherwise)
>that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?

How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
charge more fees and surcharges than others.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 10:05:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Ben wrote:
> Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws,
base is
> $69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.
>
> Ben
>
> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
> news:1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> >I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> > billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> > after taxes.
> >
> > My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
> >
> > This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

Wow -- the tax differential in the various states is incredible. I
really makes a difference. I like the state with only 5.00 in taxes.

My AT&T bill was about 50.00 + a few cents. I live in NJ. I guess the
Cingular bill will be about the same. I was worried about it being
more. The taxes on cell phones seem criminal.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 2:34:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <chnbu05q7j3ft1ok43ftt59bh1j7260gnr@4ax.com>,
"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

> Per Dick:
> >I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
> >It details your charges.
>
> Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before
> rather
> than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or
> otherwise)
> that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?

The Cellular Carriers promised all that as part of the Cellular Industry
Code. But then they were also supposed to create new better usable
coverage maps. That never happened either. It was all a sham to
forestall some need regulation.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 6:27:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <kn1du0hns22ehbj5tnf4ie4m9rm10mgvj0@4ax.com>,
Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:34:35 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:
>
> >Per Dick:
> >>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
> >>It details your charges.
> >
> >Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before
> >rather
> >than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or
> >otherwise)
> >that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?
>
> How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
> standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
> charge more fees and surcharges than others.

There's a new invention that would allow a cellular carrier to tell you
to the penny what a regular monthly bill (minus extras) would be.

That new invention : A COMPUTER
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 9:47:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>
> Wow -- the tax differential in the various states is incredible. I
> really makes a difference. I like the state with only 5.00 in taxes.
>
> My AT&T bill was about 50.00 + a few cents. I live in NJ. I guess the
> Cingular bill will be about the same. I was worried about it being
> more. The taxes on cell phones seem criminal.
>

My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-

But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 3:39:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>It was all a sham to
>forestall some need regulation.
>

Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?

Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go to
hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let the
government get involved.

Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their fingers
out of it.


--
John S.
e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 3:39:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
news:20050113193928.26655.00000075@mb-m11.aol.com...
> >It was all a sham to
> >forestall some need regulation.
> >
>
> Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?
>
> Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go
to
> hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let
the
> government get involved.
>
> Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
> utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their
fingers
> out of it.
>
>
> --


Amen.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 3:47:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <20050113193928.26655.00000075@mb-m11.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >It was all a sham to
> >forestall some need regulation.
> >
>
> Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?
>
> Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go to
> hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let the
> government get involved.
>
> Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
> utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their fingers
> out of it.

Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
of the FCC.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 3:47:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

> Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
> regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
> of the FCC.

Cell Phones are a Part 15 FCC Device.

Meaning they are unregulated the way I read it?

However, the User of the Part 15 device is regulated?
January 14, 2005 3:58:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Per Joseph:
>How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
>standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
>charge more fees and surcharges than others.

My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill and every
bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.
--
PeteCresswell
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:53:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <gfFFd.13813$tF.8859@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
"Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

> > Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
> > regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
> > of the FCC.
>
> Cell Phones are a Part 15 FCC Device.
>
> Meaning they are unregulated the way I read it?
>
> However, the User of the Part 15 device is regulated?

Try

http://wireless.fcc.gov/rules.html
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:54:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <i96eu0po4id2r2ib9bdupqf00ertv8tj58@4ax.com>,
"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

> Per Joseph:
> >How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
> >standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
> >charge more fees and surcharges than others.
>
> My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill and
> every
> bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.

to the penny they can, if they wanted to.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:54:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-4D9500.19542613012005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <i96eu0po4id2r2ib9bdupqf00ertv8tj58@4ax.com>,
> "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:
>
> > Per Joseph:
> > >How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
> > >standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
> > >charge more fees and surcharges than others.
> >
> > My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill
and
> > every
> > bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.
>
> to the penny they can, if they wanted to.

Really? I didn't realize that the "Overage Crystal Balls" had been
distributed to all of the stores.
January 14, 2005 5:29:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Per Scott Stephenson:
>Really? I didn't realize that the "Overage Crystal Balls" had been
>distributed to all of the stores.

Nobody's talking about additional air time - just the basic bill.
--
PeteCresswell
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 10:02:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-EF9654.18131812012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 13 Jan
2005 00:13:26 GMT, Jack "CHICKEN LITTLE" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <jChFd.12798$4b.9036@trndny09>,
> "wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml
>
>Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.
>
>I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.

You thought wrong, as usual.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 10:02:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <SKDFd.13547$tF.7701@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:47:41
-0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

>My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-
>
>But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15

I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a current
bill on a website? ;-)

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 10:02:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <iP-dneZ_18uIKXjcRVn-1g@adelphia.com> on Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:34:46 -0500,
"Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote:

>Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws, base is
>$69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.

I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a current
bill on a website? ;-)

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 9:04:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Since I don't have a Scanner right now that works-

(1)- Federal Universal Service Charge- $.60

(2)- Residential Line includes Touch-tone- $17.45

(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76

(4)- Other Services- $4.50

(5)- 911 Charge- $1.50

(6)- Federal Excise Tax- $.92

(7)- Ga State /Local Sakes Tax- $1.43


And, If you will give me a Mailing Address, I'll be glad to post you a copy
of the Bill you can pursue at your leisure , just in case the numbers don't
add up on your Calculator :-)




"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:e8KFd.1829$m31.21398@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <SKDFd.13547$tF.7701@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005
> 18:47:41
> -0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:
>
>>My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-
>>
>>But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15
>
> I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a
> current
> bill on a website? ;-)
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
January 15, 2005 4:29:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Per Paw-Paw:
>(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76

Is that something to do with DSL?
--
PeteCresswell
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 4:29:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Nope. I can't get DSL-

Google it- you'll find out what it is :-)


"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message
news:hhsgu0h09586ua4rlv27bfb5bcs3jhvmuh@4ax.com...
> Per Paw-Paw:
>>(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76
>
> Is that something to do with DSL?
> --
> PeteCresswell
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 4:57:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <am_Fd.14549$tF.13602@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
"Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

> Nope. I can't get DSL-
>
> Google it- you'll find out what it is :-)
>
>
> "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message
> news:hhsgu0h09586ua4rlv27bfb5bcs3jhvmuh@4ax.com...
> > Per Paw-Paw:
> >>(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76
> >
> > Is that something to do with DSL?
> > --
> > PeteCresswell

It allows your wired line access to Long Distance.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 6:38:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

John Navas wrote:
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <iP-dneZ_18uIKXjcRVn-1g@adelphia.com> on Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:34:46 -0500,
> "Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws, base is
>>$69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.
>
>
> I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a current
> bill on a website? ;-)

I don't. My ATTWS plan runs between 19-20% in taxes and fees each
month. I used to live in an area where it was roughly 23%. In both
cases, it's the county tax that's greater than all other taxes and fees
combined.

TH
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 8:08:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Other Services" would be?

In <GcYFd.14308$tF.8609@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:04:51
-0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

>Since I don't have a Scanner right now that works-
>
>(1)- Federal Universal Service Charge- $.60
>
>(2)- Residential Line includes Touch-tone- $17.45
>
>(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76
>
>(4)- Other Services- $4.50
>
>(5)- 911 Charge- $1.50
>
>(6)- Federal Excise Tax- $.92
>
>(7)- Ga State /Local Sakes Tax- $1.43
>
>
>And, If you will give me a Mailing Address, I'll be glad to post you a copy
>of the Bill you can pursue at your leisure , just in case the numbers don't
>add up on your Calculator :-)
>
>
>
>
>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:e8KFd.1829$m31.21398@typhoon.sonic.net...
>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>> In <SKDFd.13547$tF.7701@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005
>> 18:47:41
>> -0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:
>>
>>>My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-
>>>
>>>But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15
>>
>> I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a
>> current
>> bill on a website? ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
>> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
>

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 12:03:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:wz1Gd.2024$m31.23646@typhoon.sonic.net...
> "Other Services" would be?

I don't really know- I just noticed it on this Bill.

I'm gonna call'em Monday and find out.

Our County "Leaders" voted to add something to the 911 system, it may have
something to do with that.
January 15, 2005 4:49:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Per Jack Zwick:
>It allows your wired line access to Long Distance.

I guess we're lucky here in SE Penna because I don't see it on any of my bills.
--
PeteCresswell
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 4:51:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <1t7iu05mnu7fem2bl7j6dijn567joj49f6@4ax.com>,
"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

> Per Jack Zwick:
> >It allows your wired line access to Long Distance.
>
> I guess we're lucky here in SE Penna because I don't see it on any of my
> bills.

Different Local landline companies may give it a different name.
!