Cingular Bill Total - $39.99 Plan

I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
after taxes.

My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
Thanks in advance.

dick

I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
It details your charges. I have a National plan rather than a
regional plan, but I would assume the charges to be similar. I will
be paying $5.82 in fees and taxes in addition to the $39.99 monthly
charge. I live in Arizona. It may be different in other areas of the
country, but for what it's worth.

Dick

"Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
>I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> after taxes.
>
> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

I have the $39.99 National plan and I usually pay about $46 plus SMS and net
usage... I'm in Madison, WI

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws, base is
$69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.

Ben

In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:

> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> after taxes.
>
> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>
> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> Thanks in advance.

Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.

> In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:
>
>> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
>> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
>> after taxes.
>>
>> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>>
>> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
> Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.

Here is a link that will help you estimate your monthly invoice

Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Per Compulady:
> my total bill will be
>after taxes.
>
>My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

Mine is nominally $45. After the government feeding frenzy, the bill runs
around $55-60 with no airtime charges.

But that's with four phones. I see about $1.75 per phone in extra charges
("regulatory cost recovery fee", "federal universal service charge", "standard
911 access" "state gr surcharge", not much in taxes.

My guess for your plan would be $45 max unless your state agencies are in more
of a feeding frenzy than Penna's.

Anybody really know? Am I close?
--
PeteCresswell

In article <jChFd.12798$4b.9036@trndny09>,
"wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> >> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> >> after taxes.
> >>
> >> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
> >>
> >> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
> > Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.
>
> Here is a link that will help you estimate your monthly invoice
>
> Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml

Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.

I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.

> Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.

The calculations would still be the same- taxes are taxes.

> I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.

You didn't think- it would require skills you don't possess.

And please cite where it was announced that ATTW tools would be turned oss
on 11/15. I don't believe one can be provided.

DonR

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73

"Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> after taxes.
>
> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>
> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> Thanks in advance.

I'm in Cedartown, Georgia-

$39.99 Plan= $45.75 with taxes, Etc.

"DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
> charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73
>
> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
>> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
>> after taxes.
>>
>> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>>
>> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
>> Thanks in advance.

Well- it just went up with this month's bill-

$46.01

"Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote in message
> I'm in Cedartown, Georgia-
>
> $39.99 Plan= $45.75 with taxes, Etc.
>

> "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
>> charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73
>>
>> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
>>> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
>>> after taxes.
>>>
>>> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
>>>
>>> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
>>> Thanks in advance.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Per Dick:
>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
>It details your charges.

Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before rather
than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or otherwise)
that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?
--
PeteCresswell

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:34:35 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

>Per Dick:
>>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
>>It details your charges.
>
>Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before rather
>than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or otherwise)
>that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?

How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
charge more fees and surcharges than others.

Ben wrote:
> Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws,
base is
> $69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.
>
> Ben
>
> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
> >I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
> > billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
> > after taxes.
> >
> > My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
> >
> > This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
> > Thanks in advance.

Wow -- the tax differential in the various states is incredible. I
really makes a difference. I like the state with only 5.00 in taxes.

My AT&T bill was about 50.00 + a few cents. I live in NJ. I guess the
Cingular bill will be about the same. I was worried about it being
more. The taxes on cell phones seem criminal.

In article <chnbu05q7j3ft1ok43ftt59bh1j7260gnr@4ax.com>,
"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

> Per Dick:
> >I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
> >It details your charges.
>
> Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before
> rather
> than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or
> otherwise)
> that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?

The Cellular Carriers promised all that as part of the Cellular Industry
Code. But then they were also supposed to create new better usable
coverage maps. That never happened either. It was all a sham to
forestall some need regulation.

In article <kn1du0hns22ehbj5tnf4ie4m9rm10mgvj0@4ax.com>,
Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:34:35 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:
>
> >Per Dick:
> >>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
> >>It details your charges.
> >
> >Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before
> >rather
> >than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or
> >otherwise)
> >that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?
>
> How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
> standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
> charge more fees and surcharges than others.

There's a new invention that would allow a cellular carrier to tell you
to the penny what a regular monthly bill (minus extras) would be.

That new invention : A COMPUTER

> Wow -- the tax differential in the various states is incredible. I
> really makes a difference. I like the state with only 5.00 in taxes.
>
> My AT&T bill was about 50.00 + a few cents. I live in NJ. I guess the
> Cingular bill will be about the same. I was worried about it being
> more. The taxes on cell phones seem criminal.

My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-

But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15

>It was all a sham to
>forestall some need regulation.

Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?

Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go to
hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let the
government get involved.

Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their fingers
out of it.

--
John S.

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
> >It was all a sham to
> >forestall some need regulation.
> >

> Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?
>
> Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go
> hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let
the
> government get involved.
>
> Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
> utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their
fingers
> out of it.
>

> --

Amen.

In article <20050113193928.26655.00000075@mb-m11.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >It was all a sham to
> >forestall some need regulation.
> >

> Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?
>
> Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go to
> hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let the
> government get involved.
>
> Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
> utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their fingers
> out of it.

Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
of the FCC.

> Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
> regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
> of the FCC.

Cell Phones are a Part 15 FCC Device.

Meaning they are unregulated the way I read it?

However, the User of the Part 15 device is regulated?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Per Joseph:
>How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
>standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
>charge more fees and surcharges than others.

My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill and every
bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.
--
PeteCresswell

In article <gfFFd.13813$tF.8859@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
"Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

> > Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
> > regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
> > of the FCC.
>
> Cell Phones are a Part 15 FCC Device.
>
> Meaning they are unregulated the way I read it?
>
> However, the User of the Part 15 device is regulated?

Try

http://wireless.fcc.gov/rules.html

In article <i96eu0po4id2r2ib9bdupqf00ertv8tj58@4ax.com>,
"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

> Per Joseph:
> >How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
> >standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
> >charge more fees and surcharges than others.
>
> My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill and
> every
> bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.

to the penny they can, if they wanted to.