Cingular Bill Total - $39.99 Plan

I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
after taxes.

My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
Thanks in advance.
38 answers Last reply
More about cingular bill total plan

    I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
    It details your charges. I have a National plan rather than a
    regional plan, but I would assume the charges to be similar. I will
    be paying $5.82 in fees and taxes in addition to the $39.99 monthly
    charge. I live in Arizona. It may be different in other areas of the
    country, but for what it's worth.

    Dick

    "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
    >I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    > billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    > after taxes.
    >
    > My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

    I have the $39.99 National plan and I usually pay about $46 plus SMS and net
    usage... I'm in Madison, WI

    Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws, base is
    $69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.

    Ben

    In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:

    > I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    > billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    > after taxes.
    >
    > My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
    >
    > This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
    Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.

    > In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    > "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    >> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    >> after taxes.
    >>
    >> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
    >>
    >> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
    > Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.

    Here is a link that will help you estimate your monthly invoice

    Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml

    Per Compulady:
    > my total bill will be
    >after taxes.
    >
    >My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone

    Mine is nominally $45. After the government feeding frenzy, the bill runs
    around $55-60 with no airtime charges.

    But that's with four phones. I see about $1.75 per phone in extra charges
    ("regulatory cost recovery fee", "federal universal service charge", "standard
    911 access" "state gr surcharge", not much in taxes.

    My guess for your plan would be $45 max unless your state agencies are in more
    of a feeding frenzy than Penna's.

    Anybody really know? Am I close?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    In article <jChFd.12798$4b.9036@trndny09>,
    "wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <1105567880.984705.125820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    > > "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    > >> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    > >> after taxes.
    > >>
    > >> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
    > >>
    > >> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
    > >> Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Depends on your geographic locality and what state and city taxes are.
    > > Likely between 9 and 12 dollars per month.
    >
    > Here is a link that will help you estimate your monthly invoice
    >
    > Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml

    Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.

    I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.

    > Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.

    The calculations would still be the same- taxes are taxes.

    > I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.

    You didn't think- it would require skills you don't possess.

    And please cite where it was announced that ATTW tools would be turned oss
    on 11/15. I don't believe one can be provided.

    I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
    charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73

    "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    > billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    > after taxes.
    >
    > My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
    >
    > This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
    > Thanks in advance.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    I'm in Cedartown, Georgia-

    $39.99 Plan= $45.75 with taxes, Etc.

    "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
    > charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73
    >
    > "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
    >> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    >> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    >> after taxes.
    >>
    >> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
    >>
    >> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
    >> Thanks in advance.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Well- it just went up with this month's bill-

    $46.01

    "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote in message
    > I'm in Cedartown, Georgia-
    >
    > $39.99 Plan= $45.75 with taxes, Etc.
    >

    > "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>I am in Tampa, FL area. For the $39.99 plan, I pay 39.99 + 2.12 Fed
    >> charges/911/Cost Recovery Fee + 8.62 in taxes = $50.73
    >>
    >> "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
    >>> I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    >>> billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    >>> after taxes.
    >>>
    >>> My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
    >>>
    >>> This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
    >>> Thanks in advance.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Per Dick:
    >I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
    >It details your charges.

    Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before rather
    than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or otherwise)
    that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?
    --
    PeteCresswell
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:34:35 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

    >Per Dick:
    >>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
    >>It details your charges.
    >
    >Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before rather
    >than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or otherwise)
    >that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?

    How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
    standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
    charge more fees and surcharges than others.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Ben wrote:
    > Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws,
    base is
    > $69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > >I just switched to Cingular from AT&T. With all the screaming about
    > > billing I thought someone could tell me what my total bill will be
    > > after taxes.
    > >
    > > My Plan - Regional Plan, $39.99 - 1 phone
    > >
    > > This of course assumes I have no additional roaming, etc.
    > > Thanks in advance.

    Wow -- the tax differential in the various states is incredible. I
    really makes a difference. I like the state with only 5.00 in taxes.

    My AT&T bill was about 50.00 + a few cents. I live in NJ. I guess the
    Cingular bill will be about the same. I was worried about it being
    more. The taxes on cell phones seem criminal.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <chnbu05q7j3ft1ok43ftt59bh1j7260gnr@4ax.com>,
    "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

    > Per Dick:
    > >I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
    > >It details your charges.
    >
    > Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before
    > rather
    > than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or
    > otherwise)
    > that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?

    The Cellular Carriers promised all that as part of the Cellular Industry
    Code. But then they were also supposed to create new better usable
    coverage maps. That never happened either. It was all a sham to
    forestall some need regulation.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <kn1du0hns22ehbj5tnf4ie4m9rm10mgvj0@4ax.com>,
    Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:34:35 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:
    >
    > >Per Dick:
    > >>I got a booklet from Cingular a few days after I activated the phone.
    > >>It details your charges.
    > >
    > >Since they have that info, 'twould be nice if they would render it before
    > >rather
    > >than after... Isn't there some kind of principle (legal, moral, or
    > >otherwise)
    > >that the buyer is supposed to be told the price before they make a purchase?
    >
    > How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
    > standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
    > charge more fees and surcharges than others.

    There's a new invention that would allow a cellular carrier to tell you
    to the penny what a regular monthly bill (minus extras) would be.

    That new invention : A COMPUTER
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > Wow -- the tax differential in the various states is incredible. I
    > really makes a difference. I like the state with only 5.00 in taxes.
    >
    > My AT&T bill was about 50.00 + a few cents. I live in NJ. I guess the
    > Cingular bill will be about the same. I was worried about it being
    > more. The taxes on cell phones seem criminal.

    My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-

    But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >It was all a sham to
    >forestall some need regulation.

    Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?

    Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go to
    hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let the
    government get involved.

    Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
    utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their fingers
    out of it.

    --
    John S.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
    > >It was all a sham to
    > >forestall some need regulation.
    > >

    > Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?
    >
    > Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go
    > hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let
    the
    > government get involved.
    >
    > Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
    > utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their
    fingers
    > out of it.
    >

    > --

    Amen.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <20050113193928.26655.00000075@mb-m11.aol.com>,
    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    > >It was all a sham to
    > >forestall some need regulation.
    > >

    > Haven't you ever heard the saying "Buyer beware"?
    >
    > Regulation is NOT the answer. ANYTIME government gets involved things go to
    > hell very quickly. Want to see some real charges that make no sense let the
    > government get involved.
    >
    > Keep in mind that cellular is NOT a necessity. Cellulalr is NOT a public
    > utility. Cellular is a luxury and the government needs to keep their fingers
    > out of it.

    Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
    regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
    of the FCC.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
    > regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
    > of the FCC.

    Cell Phones are a Part 15 FCC Device.

    Meaning they are unregulated the way I read it?

    However, the User of the Part 15 device is regulated?
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Per Joseph:
    >How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
    >standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
    >charge more fees and surcharges than others.

    My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill and every
    bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.
    --
    PeteCresswell
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <gfFFd.13813$tF.8859@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
    "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

    > > Cellular buys the right to use Public Airwaves, and i subject to
    > > regulation as part of their purchase agreements. Maybe you hadn't heard
    > > of the FCC.
    >
    > Cell Phones are a Part 15 FCC Device.
    >
    > Meaning they are unregulated the way I read it?
    >
    > However, the User of the Part 15 device is regulated?

    Try

    http://wireless.fcc.gov/rules.html
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <i96eu0po4id2r2ib9bdupqf00ertv8tj58@4ax.com>,
    "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

    > Per Joseph:
    > >How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
    > >standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
    > >charge more fees and surcharges than others.
    >
    > My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill and
    > every
    > bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.

    to the penny they can, if they wanted to.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > In article <i96eu0po4id2r2ib9bdupqf00ertv8tj58@4ax.com>,
    > "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:
    >
    > > Per Joseph:
    > > >How can they really do that if the taxes and surcharges are not
    > > >standardized? Different localities charge differing amounts and some
    > > >charge more fees and surcharges than others.
    > >
    > > My guess is that if they can spell it all out on my first monthly bill
    and
    > > every
    > > bill thereafter, they can tell me before I sign on the dotted line.
    >
    > to the penny they can, if they wanted to.

    Really? I didn't realize that the "Overage Crystal Balls" had been
    distributed to all of the stores.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Per Scott Stephenson:
    >Really? I didn't realize that the "Overage Crystal Balls" had been
    >distributed to all of the stores.

    Nobody's talking about additional air time - just the basic bill.
    --
    PeteCresswell
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <jzwick3-EF9654.18131812012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 13 Jan
    2005 00:13:26 GMT, Jack "CHICKEN LITTLE" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >In article <jChFd.12798$4b.9036@trndny09>,
    > "wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> Fill in the info: https://www.attwireless.com/ocs/bill_estimator.jhtml
    >
    >Thats for AT&T Wireless customer wanna-bes.
    >
    >I thought Nov. 15 Cingular turned off those things.

    You thought wrong, as usual.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

    "A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
    "It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <SKDFd.13547$tF.7701@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:47:41
    -0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

    >My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-
    >
    >But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15

    I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a current
    bill on a website? ;-)

  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <iP-dneZ_18uIKXjcRVn-1g@adelphia.com> on Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:34:46 -0500,
    "Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws, base is
    >$69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.

    I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a current
    bill on a website? ;-)

  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Since I don't have a Scanner right now that works-

    (1)- Federal Universal Service Charge- $.60

    (2)- Residential Line includes Touch-tone- $17.45

    (3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76

    (4)- Other Services- $4.50

    (5)- 911 Charge- $1.50

    (6)- Federal Excise Tax- $.92

    (7)- Ga State /Local Sakes Tax- $1.43

    And, If you will give me a Mailing Address, I'll be glad to post you a copy
    of the Bill you can pursue at your leisure , just in case the numbers don't
    add up on your Calculator :-)

    > In <SKDFd.13547$tF.7701@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005
    > 18:47:41
    > -0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:
    >
    >>My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-
    >>
    >>But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15
    >
    > I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a
    > current
    > bill on a website? ;-)

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Per Paw-Paw:
    >(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76

    Is that something to do with DSL?
    --
    PeteCresswell
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Nope. I can't get DSL-

    Google it- you'll find out what it is :-)

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message
    > Per Paw-Paw:
    >>(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76
    >
    > Is that something to do with DSL?
    > --
    > PeteCresswell
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <am_Fd.14549$tF.13602@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
    "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

    > Nope. I can't get DSL-
    >
    > Google it- you'll find out what it is :-)
    >

    > "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message
    > > Per Paw-Paw:
    > >>(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76
    > >
    > > Is that something to do with DSL?
    > > --
    > > PeteCresswell

    It allows your wired line access to Long Distance.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    John Navas wrote:

    > In <iP-dneZ_18uIKXjcRVn-1g@adelphia.com> on Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:34:46 -0500,
    > "Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Figure 25% taxes and fees, I'll bet its $49.90. My bill with ATTws, base is
    >>$69.95, after taxes and fees $95.75.
    >

    > I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a current
    > bill on a website? ;-)

    I don't. My ATTWS plan runs between 19-20% in taxes and fees each
    month. I used to live in an area where it was roughly 23%. In both
    cases, it's the county tax that's greater than all other taxes and fees
    combined.

    TH
  35. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Other Services" would be?

    In <GcYFd.14308$tF.8609@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:04:51
    -0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:

    >Since I don't have a Scanner right now that works-
    >
    >(1)- Federal Universal Service Charge- $.60
    >
    >(2)- Residential Line includes Touch-tone- $17.45
    >
    >(3)- FCC Authorized charge for Network Access- $6.76
    >
    >(4)- Other Services- $4.50
    >
    >(5)- 911 Charge- $1.50
    >
    >(6)- Federal Excise Tax- $.92
    >
    >(7)- Ga State /Local Sakes Tax- $1.43
    >

    >And, If you will give me a Mailing Address, I'll be glad to post you a copy
    >of the Bill you can pursue at your leisure , just in case the numbers don't
    >add up on your Calculator :-)

    >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <SKDFd.13547$tF.7701@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005
    >> 18:47:41
    >> -0500, "Paw-Paw" <pawpaw@granpa.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>My Land-Line is $17.50 a Month-
    >>>
    >>>But with Taxes and Fees I pay $33.15
    >>
    >> I seriously doubt that. Care to prove me wrong by putting a scan of a
    >> current
    >> bill on a website? ;-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
    >> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

  36. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > "Other Services" would be?

    I don't really know- I just noticed it on this Bill.

    I'm gonna call'em Monday and find out.

    Our County "Leaders" voted to add something to the 911 system, it may have
    something to do with that.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Per Jack Zwick:
    >It allows your wired line access to Long Distance.

    I guess we're lucky here in SE Penna because I don't see it on any of my bills.
    --
    PeteCresswell
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <1t7iu05mnu7fem2bl7j6dijn567joj49f6@4ax.com>,
    "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote:

    > Per Jack Zwick:
    > >It allows your wired line access to Long Distance.
    >
    > I guess we're lucky here in SE Penna because I don't see it on any of my
    > bills.

    Different Local landline companies may give it a different name.

Cingular At&T Internet Service Providers