Razer sidebuttons

Hi all...
I would like te disable the sidebuttons on the Razer Diamondback...
I did this in the Razer set-up, but in-game they still work....
When i move the mouse i squeeze it a bit, and then my weapons switch,that's
the problem...
Anybody ??

TIA

On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:10:59 +0000 (UTC), "No-One" <not@home.com>
wrote:

>Hi all...
>I would like te disable the sidebuttons on the Razer Diamondback...
>I did this in the Razer set-up, but in-game they still work....
>When i move the mouse i squeeze it a bit, and then my weapons switch,that's
>the problem...
>Anybody ??
>
>TIA

unbind them in the keyboard options.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

dr ratt <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in

> On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:10:59 +0000 (UTC), "No-One" <not@home.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi all...
>>I would like te disable the sidebuttons on the Razer Diamondback...
>>I did this in the Razer set-up, but in-game they still work....
>>When i move the mouse i squeeze it a bit, and then my weapons
>>switch,that's the problem...
>>Anybody ??
>>
>>TIA
>
> unbind them in the keyboard options.
>
> dr ratt

Thanks..
I tried that but somehow they seem to get the same function as the
scrollwheel then, and still work....

"No-One" <not@home.com> wrote in message
> dr ratt <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in
>
> > On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:10:59 +0000 (UTC), "No-One" <not@home.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all...
> >>I would like te disable the sidebuttons on the Razer Diamondback...
> >>I did this in the Razer set-up, but in-game they still work....
> >>When i move the mouse i squeeze it a bit, and then my weapons
> >>switch,that's the problem...
> >>Anybody ??
> >>
> >>TIA
> >
> > unbind them in the keyboard options.
> >
> > dr ratt
>
> Thanks..
> I tried that but somehow they seem to get the same function as the
> scrollwheel then, and still work....

I was going to suggest that you assign the sidebuttons something (say
'fire') and then re-assign the fire to something else - which should leave
the sidebuttons free... but if it is taking the same function of the wheel
by default, then...... ergh.. good luck!

wrote:

>Hi all...
>I would like te disable the sidebuttons on the Razer Diamondback...
>I did this in the Razer set-up, but in-game they still work....
>When i move the mouse i squeeze it a bit, and then my weapons switch,that's
>the problem...
>Anybody ??
>
>TIA
//////////////////////////
Latest drivers?
http://www.razerzone.com/

"button off" for 4, 5, 6, 7?

number5ive@no.no.na.net wrote in

> On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:10:59 +0000 (UTC), "No-One" <not@home.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi all...
>>I would like te disable the sidebuttons on the Razer Diamondback...
>>I did this in the Razer set-up, but in-game they still work....
>>When i move the mouse i squeeze it a bit, and then my weapons
>>switch,that's the problem...
>>Anybody ??
>>
>>TIA
> //////////////////////////
> Latest drivers?
> http://www.razerzone.com/
>
> "button off" for 4, 5, 6, 7?

tried this...doesn't work though...
In game they default to the same function as the scrollwheel.
So every time i squeeze it a little, im changing weapons.....
Thanks..........

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 04:34:24 +0000 (UTC), "No-One" <not@home.com>
wrote:

>number5ive@no.no.na.net wrote in
>
>> On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:10:59 +0000 (UTC), "No-One" <not@home.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all...
>>>I would like te disable the sidebuttons on the Razer Diamondback...
>>>I did this in the Razer set-up, but in-game they still work....
>>>When i move the mouse i squeeze it a bit, and then my weapons
>>>switch,that's the problem...
>>>Anybody ??
>>>
>>>TIA
>> //////////////////////////
>> Latest drivers?
>> http://www.razerzone.com/
>>
>> "button off" for 4, 5, 6, 7?
>>

>tried this...doesn't work though...
>In game they default to the same function as the scrollwheel.
>So every time i squeeze it a little, im changing weapons.....
>Thanks..........

how about binding them to something a little less problematic, strafe
modifier or something.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

krforestsage

Reputable
May 12, 2015
I'll guide you through with the mouse I have. They're pretty good at keeping them the same so it should be the same for you.

Open Razor Synapse. (Download it if it did not install with your mouse at: razersupport.com)

You'll see a mouse with labelled numbers representing the buttons on the top of your mouse.

Under the mouse you'll see "GO TO SIDE VIEW" Click on it.

Now it will show you the numbers for your side buttons.

Click on each one you want to set.

Your see a partial green arrow icon on the top that says "DEFAULT"

Click on it and scroll all the way down to "DISABLE"

Repeat for each button listed.