Wireless gaming

sumair

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Hello,

i have verizon DSL in my home. The main router/modem is in the office. The computer i game with is up stairs. My options are either running a 200 FT cord upstairs, which i dont wanna do. Get another router/modem and pay for two interent services which i dont want to do and the other is to do it wireless. Which is what im trying to do.
At the moment i have one of those USB adapters which i plug into my desktop and i really dont have much issues. What im not sure is if its the best possible way. Is there a certain USB adapter that would get better service or any other wireless way to get the best possible connection.

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I don't know any USB adapters that have external antennas so you can't replace the internal antenna to improve the signal reception. A simple way to work around this is to move your laptop to a large metal object such as a table, a pc case, etc. The object acts as an antenna. You can also build one out of aluminum foil & paper. How many bars out of 5 are you getting on the laptop?