Sign in with
Your question

STOP ERROR: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Last response: in Windows XP
October 30, 2009 7:00:58 PM

can someone help me with this one:
I'm working on a Dell Dimension 4400 Desktop, when I got the computer I cleaned it out pretty good (had bad dust issues) first and plug it in and powered it up. At this time, all looks good as far as, the boot up and display. As programs/applications start to load it was at a snails pace, it took along time. When all was loaded I try'd opening programs like AOL, MSN, etc. and things were looking good except it running slow. I had it running over-night or to say just on, and had no problems. So now all is still good, So I deceided to re-install ops. sys. winxp home. Re-installed windows xp and got error msg. above, reboot'd system. System came back up no problems for about .30 mins. Install linksys PCI adapter software (WMP54g.v4) all is good, found connection for internet via wireless router and did Windows Updates, all is still good, left computer on again over-night and now I,m ready to move it to it loction in the house, so I unpluged it and moved it. When i plug it in and pwr it up i get the BSoD again, so i re-installed the ops sys again, clean and reseat all cards (video,network,sound,nic) and still i get the BSoD screen.

can i get some help with this pls.

0x000000D1 (0x806724c6, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0Fc228062)

RT2500.sys-Address Fc228062 base at Fc208000
Date stamp 42675c99

Beginning physical dump of memory

what does this error message mean?
November 2, 2009 3:40:18 AM

can someone help me with this one:
I'm working on a Dell Dimension 4400 Desktop, when I got the computer I cleaned it out pretty good (had bad dust issues) first and plug it in and powered it up. At this time, all looks good as far as, the boot up and display. As programs/applications start to load it was at a snails pace, it took along time. When all was loaded I try'd opening programs like AOL, MSN, etc. and things were looking good except it running slow. I had it running over-night or to say just on, and had no problems. So now all is still good, So I deceided to re-install ops. sys. winxp home. Re-installed windows xp and got error msg. above, reboot'd system. System came back up no problems for about .30 mins. Install linksys PCI adapter software (WMP54g.v4) all is good, found connection for internet via wireless router and did Windows Updates, all is still good, left computer on again over-night and now I,m ready to move it to it loction in the house, so I unpluged it and moved it. When i plug it in and pwr it up i get the BSoD again, so i re-installed the ops sys again, clean and reseat all cards (video,network,sound,nic) and still i get the BSoD screen.

can i get some help with this pls.

Had the some problem with BSOD. WMP54G did not have a version number where instructions on Linksys web site said it should be. Downloaded the version 4.1of the driver and extracted the folders and files to the hard drive. Booted into Safe mode and went to device manager and uninstalled the WMP54G PCI adapter. Ran setup.exe in Utility folder to remove drivers for WMP54G PCI adapter. Then went into the drivers\wmp54gv4.1 folder and right clicked on the rt61.inf and choose install from the drop down menu. Then went to device manger and chose ‘scan for hardware changes’ from the Action menu. Computer detected the WMP54G PCI adapter and I had to point the install to the drivers\wmp54v4.0 to load the notorious rt2500.sys. Computer finished installing the driver and asked to reboot. This was all done in Safe Mode. I restarted the computer and much to my amazement the computer booted successfully and I am now connected to my wireless network with the WMP54G PCI adapter. Hope this helps all the people that are pulling their hair out with this thing like I was.

where would i find the utility folder for the for the linksys WMP54G:

m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 5, 2010 4:34:14 AM

I know this thread is old but i saw that problem 3-4 times recently, and seems to be in relation with the wireless networks available in the area. When it stumble on a N network it bluescreen with that rt2500.sys error. I had a client that had this bluescreen after his neighboor bought a n router.

Xpertix Solutions Informatiques
http://www.xpertix.ca
m
l
!