Steam help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOLLOW3R

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Hi, Today I got a message telling me that steam guard needed updating. It then said I had no steam connection, I closed the game I was in then forced steam to update, It said there were no new updates. I went to the steam website to check then closed my browser and then when back onto steam. It told me to restart so I did then I couldnt log in. I haven't logged in manually for such a long time that I've forgotten my email address and username for the account. I have bought the escalation dlc for black ops and have Black ops registered onto steam so Could i check the product key? I Really just need to find my old email address but I cant remember it for the life of me. Is there a way to do that?

EDIT: I just checked my account from a friends, or rather, tried to and I couldnt find it. Could steam have deleted my account? It seems non existent but when I tried to reinstall black ops it says that the product key is already registered. I started a steam support ticket saying basically this but its been a week and i've had no support.
Please Help!!!!
Thanks
:fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou:
:hello:

FOLLOW3R

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

I've been in steam most days. I would be able to do that but it involves logging on and I cant get my details. :S
thanks anyway

Odd, I thought you can run steam without logging in and still browse the tabs for account settings and such. The accounts tab used to show you your email address. It's been so long since I've actually changed any settings that this may have changed. Unfortunately, other than what you can configure within steam, most everything else is handled via steam support, which can be slow.

FOLLOW3R

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
It's ok. Steam FINALLY got in contact to tell me my account had been hacked and it's all ok now. Thanks for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.