NB Cooling? New at OCing, Can some assist me here!

Okay,

Basically I am going with the Q6600 in July and will be running the EVGA MoBo listed in this post. I am going to go with the 8800GTX, and than later on down the line add a second one to my system. Anyway, I have never really done an OCing yet and I was only going to play with it a bit, mainly focused on the CPU trying to go from 2.4 - 3.0. Anyway, everything I have been reading tells me that the NB runs hot and that I should consider a better heatsink, what I would like to know is this.

Do I need a different heatsink, given my objects, and if so, what is a good one to run.

Thanks

MoBo of choice!
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188012
4 answers Last reply
More about cooling ocing assist here
  1. if you put that little fan on your NB you should be fine, it is pretty hard to find one that will offer a much better performance at a reasonable price.
  2. Thanks,

I assume that you are referring to the little fan in the one photo, the one that comes with the board. I figured that mounted onto the NB but wasn't sure. :lol:
  3. yeah, i was and it does, it should be fine, basically any actively cool NB should do the job because they will have the warm air blown away, with a passive one they'll just keep heating up, and they don't produce enough heat to invest in a high end air cooler for one so yeah...
  4. Many Thanks!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Overclocking Product