Sign in with
Your question

NB Cooling? New at OCing, Can some assist me here!

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
June 23, 2007 11:55:02 AM

Okay,

Basically I am going with the Q6600 in July and will be running the EVGA MoBo listed in this post. I am going to go with the 8800GTX, and than later on down the line add a second one to my system. Anyway, I have never really done an OCing yet and I was only going to play with it a bit, mainly focused on the CPU trying to go from 2.4 - 3.0. Anyway, everything I have been reading tells me that the NB runs hot and that I should consider a better heatsink, what I would like to know is this.

Do I need a different heatsink, given my objects, and if so, what is a good one to run.

Thanks

MoBo of choice!
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : cooling ocing assist

June 23, 2007 1:08:05 PM

if you put that little fan on your NB you should be fine, it is pretty hard to find one that will offer a much better performance at a reasonable price.
June 23, 2007 3:05:39 PM

Thanks,

I assume that you are referring to the little fan in the one photo, the one that comes with the board. I figured that mounted onto the NB but wasn't sure. :lol: 
Related resources
June 24, 2007 4:48:32 AM

yeah, i was and it does, it should be fine, basically any actively cool NB should do the job because they will have the warm air blown away, with a passive one they'll just keep heating up, and they don't produce enough heat to invest in a high end air cooler for one so yeah...
June 24, 2007 9:59:25 AM

Many Thanks!!!
!