Quake 3 Problem

Hi all,

I have a strange Quake 3 problem I am hoping you can help me with please.

Whenever Quake3 starts up it always stops, just before the initial movie
plays, on a white screen?
It appears to be trying to use my modem to dial-up?

Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?

TIA,

B.

On 6/9/2005 11:42 AM Bowser brightened our day with:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a strange Quake 3 problem I am hoping you can help me with please.
>
>Whenever Quake3 starts up it always stops, just before the initial movie
>plays, on a white screen?
>It appears to be trying to use my modem to dial-up?
>
>Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?
>
>TIA,
>
>B.

Go into Windows Control Panel>Internet Options> find your default
connection and choose never dial.

Do you have some other connection other than dial-up?

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Hi Inglo,

Thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion works a treat, many thanks for that!

No, I only have the dial-up connection.

I'm not sure, but I believe this problem only appeared after applying the
V1.31 patch.

My problems now sorted though, so thanks again.

Regards,

B.