temporary internet file size and downloads

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

temporary internet file size and downloads

If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file storage,
will that have any consequences on the size of download files?
I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to the temp folder
first...

--
Kenfucious said:

Michael Jackson has been vindicated.

The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
8 answers Last reply
More about temporary internet file size downloads
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi,

    No, it will have no effect on that capability.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > temporary internet file size and downloads
    >
    > If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file storage,
    > will that have any consequences on the size of download files?
    > I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to the temp folder
    > first...
    >
    > --
    > Kenfucious said:
    >
    > Michael Jackson has been vindicated.
    >
    > The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view,
    > since
    > if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a
    > point
    > of view, is just a point a view and not something real.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi Kenny,

    Setting TIF lower should have no effect on downloads. I use 20mbs.
    Some downloads use the temp folder located in the user account in the
    following location.

    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Acccount>\Local Settings\Temp

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Kenny S wrote:
    > temporary internet file size and downloads
    >
    > If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file
    > storage, will that have any consequences on the size of download
    > files? I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to
    > the temp folder first...
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I have mine set to 1 MB and have no problem.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:O$AML4BdFHA.3032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Kenny S <hotmail@coldmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > temporary internet file size and downloads
    >
    > If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file storage,
    > will that have any consequences on the size of download files?
    > I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to the temp folder
    > first...
    >
    > --
    > Kenfucious said:
    >
    > Michael Jackson has been vindicated.
    >
    > The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view,
    > since if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything
    > is a point of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    thanks

    --

    > Hi,
    >
    > No, it will have no effect on that capability.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> temporary internet file size and downloads
    >>
    >> If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file storage,
    >> will that have any consequences on the size of download files?
    >> I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to the temp folder
    >> first...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kenfucious said:
    >>
    >> Michael Jackson has been vindicated.
    >>
    >> The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view,
    >> since
    >> if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a
    >> point
    >> of view, is just a point a view and not something real.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    thanks

    --

    "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Kenny,
    >
    > Setting TIF lower should have no effect on downloads. I use 20mbs.
    > Some downloads use the temp folder located in the user account in the
    > following location.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Acccount>\Local Settings\Temp
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > Kenny S wrote:
    >> temporary internet file size and downloads
    >>
    >> If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file
    >> storage, will that have any consequences on the size of download
    >> files? I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to
    >> the temp folder first...

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    thanks

    --

    >I have mine set to 1 MB and have no problem.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:O$AML4BdFHA.3032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    > Kenny S <hotmail@coldmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> temporary internet file size and downloads
    >>
    >> If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file storage,
    >> will that have any consequences on the size of download files?
    >> I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to the temp folder
    >> first...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kenfucious said:
    >>
    >> Michael Jackson has been vindicated.
    >>
    >> The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view,
    >> since if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything
    >> is a point of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    You need to have a cache bigger than the file you are downloading if you want interupted downloads to resume. Apart from that the cache is too big on most macines as it uses % of disk size and it wasn't designed to work with caches that big and will stop working sooner or later - previously cached files remain cached but new files aren't. 20 Mb is a good size as long as it's bigger than the files yoy are downloading (if you want resume).

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:OIVGuUDdFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > thanks
    >
    > --
    > Kenfucious said:
    >
    > Michael Jackson has been vindicated.
    >
    > The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
    > if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
    > of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
    > "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi Kenny,
    >>
    >> Setting TIF lower should have no effect on downloads. I use 20mbs.
    >> Some downloads use the temp folder located in the user account in the
    >> following location.
    >>
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Acccount>\Local Settings\Temp
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> Kenny S wrote:
    >>> temporary internet file size and downloads
    >>>
    >>> If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file
    >>> storage, will that have any consequences on the size of download
    >>> files? I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to
    >>> the temp folder first...

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Its ok, if I want to resume a download I have FLASHGET.
    Thanks for telling me though.

    :-)

    --

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    You need to have a cache bigger than the file you are downloading if you
    want interupted downloads to resume. Apart from that the cache is too big on
    most macines as it uses % of disk size and it wasn't designed to work with
    caches that big and will stop working sooner or later - previously cached
    files remain cached but new files aren't. 20 Mb is a good size as long as
    it's bigger than the files yoy are downloading (if you want resume).

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > thanks
    >
    > --
    > Kenfucious said:
    >
    > Michael Jackson has been vindicated.
    >
    > The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view,
    > since
    > if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a
    > point
    > of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
    > "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi Kenny,
    >>
    >> Setting TIF lower should have no effect on downloads. I use 20mbs.
    >> Some downloads use the temp folder located in the user account in the
    >> following location.
    >>
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Acccount>\Local Settings\Temp
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> Kenny S wrote:
    >>> temporary internet file size and downloads
    >>>
    >>> If I decrease the size of the temporary internet file
    >>> storage, will that have any consequences on the size of download
    >>> files? I am asking this because I know that the downloads go to
    >>> the temp folder first...

File Size Microsoft Internet Windows XP