removing shortcuts from desktop

For Parental Control purposes, I need to remove several icons from my
daughter's desktop. When I right click them and choose delete, it tells me
access is denied- make sure disk is not full or write protected. I've tried
changing her settings to comp. admin., using desktop cleanup wizard, etc, and
everything tells me access is denied. What else can I try?

Byte

If you are the Administrator:
"Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298345
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Kristy" <Kristy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For Parental Control purposes, I need to remove several icons from my
> daughter's desktop. When I right click them and choose delete, it tells
me
> access is denied- make sure disk is not full or write protected. I've
tried
> changing her settings to comp. admin., using desktop cleanup wizard, etc,
and
> everything tells me access is denied. What else can I try?

Sure you want to delete them? Try moving them from...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Desktop