Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Jumping from screen to screen

Last response: in Social Networking
May 27, 2011 6:39:45 AM

Why does my screen view jumps to a different screen? Such as if I'm typing a message in Outlook, the screen jumps to the Internet.

More about : jumping screen screen

May 27, 2011 7:47:58 PM

Sometimes misbehaving Windows programs force themselves to be the focus, but you might also be accidentally hitting the control or alt key when you are typing.
Score
June 4, 2011 4:29:58 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
Sometimes misbehaving Windows programs force themselves to be the focus, but you might also be accidentally hitting the control or alt key when you are typing.

Thanks Phil - however, I do not accidentally hit the control or alt key - it just happens without doing anything. I could be typing an email and the screen goes to an Explorer internet screen and if I go back, sometimes, it goes back again.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

June 7, 2011 6:34:46 PM

It may be an IE addon behaving badly. You can try disabling addons one at a time until you find the culprit. It could also be malware trying to take control of your browser. Run a scan with MBAM or Spybot and see what it turns up.
June 14, 2011 1:15:56 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
It may be an IE addon behaving badly. You can try disabling addons one at a time until you find the culprit. It could also be malware trying to take control of your browser. Run a scan with MBAM or Spybot and see what it turns up.

How do I disable any addons? If I have malware on my computer, which Norton doesn't find, which program is better - MBAM or Spybot - and easiest to use? Thanks.
Score
June 14, 2011 12:14:57 PM

pat1computer said:
How do I disable any addons? Thanks.

In IE8, it's under tools/manage addons.
Score
June 14, 2011 5:12:30 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
In IE8, it's under tools/manage addons.

Thanks - I found it. Disabled GEPluginCoClass Object (thru Google) - maybe that will make a difference.
Score
June 17, 2011 5:22:08 AM

Best answer selected by pat1computer.
Score
!