Sign in with
Your question
Solved

When i transfer video from digital camcorder to movie maker i get sound but no p

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 19, 2010 4:24:05 PM

Hello,
Why do I get a Driver Software required prompt when plugging in a Micro SD card adaptor, SD and USB adapters?
a b \ Driver
April 20, 2010 8:17:46 AM

Drivers are like road maps for the computer. They tell the computer how to route the signal to and from the device.

What are the make/model of the adapters?
m
l
April 27, 2010 12:58:33 AM

Gandalf said:
Drivers are like road maps for the computer. They tell the computer how to route the signal to and from the device.

What are the make/model of the adapters?

The adapter is a CoreMicro micro SD adapter. I visited their site and found driver downloads for older versions of windows. However; I am using Windows Vista and didn't think drivers for these types of devices were required. My impression was that they were all plug-and-play devices with Vista.

Thank you,

Myrosha
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
April 27, 2010 2:33:02 AM

After you plug in the device, check your Device Manager for a listing for the device.
Suggest you right click Computer icon
Left click on Manage > Device Manager > View > Show hidden devices
m
l
April 27, 2010 5:23:15 PM

Hi,

I think we are off to a start here. After selecting Computer/Control Panel/Device Manager/View/Show Hidden Devices... the computer showed and recognized the SD card however still gives a Driver Required error. Here is a screen shot.
m
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
April 27, 2010 6:17:57 PM

"screen shot" is not present.

With the device connected, recommend you delete (with the Delete key) the SD card in the Device Manager.
Then, reboot.
Rebooting should cause Windows to recognize the device again.
Hopefully, the reinstallation of the driver will correct your issue.

May 16, 2010 2:12:28 AM

So I found a way around it but have encountered the problem again with a new card. I was able to use the old card by putting into my Canon camera and plugging this into my PC.

I have now purchased a new Lexar HDSC Platinum 4GB card. I am using Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 fully updated. I get the driver required message and when I try to go around this by using my Canon, the photo files show put the video files don't. According to the Lexar site a driver for this combination is not required. I would imagine that this stuff should be plug and play by now jeesh.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help with this.
m
l
May 16, 2010 3:46:40 PM

I also tried the above mentioned technique of 'deleting' the device from the device manager window under control panel. After this I rebooted and encountered all the same difficulty. Device Driver required, Insert Disc with Device Driver Software or Search online for solution. None of these work and Vista is unable to Install New Hardware.
m
l
May 16, 2010 3:49:22 PM

Best answer selected by MRSHKRFT.
m
l
!