The real Difference XFi Elite VS XFi Platinum Fatal1ty CHP??

Kronos76

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Okay,

For some reason with all my reading I really haven't been able to tell a difference, aside from some hardware like the front plate vs. the external interface. I am sure it is a big deal, although I don't know it. Can someone post some of the differences between the two. Here is a link to the ones I am looking at.

Thanks in advance!

Creative 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102014

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102191

Arklon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
The Elite has slightly better components, but it's probably not worth it, considering the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude with much better components is coming out soon.

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
The Elite has slightly better components, but it's probably not worth it, considering the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude with much better components is coming out soon.
Is there a date on its release? I have read a couple things about this sound card and am pretty interested in it for my next build if it's out by then.

Techfan

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I asked the same question myself. The only difference is Signal-to-Noise Ratio 109dB for fatal1ty and 116dB for Elite Pro. It has more expensive digital to analog converters for outputs.

Sagekilla

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
It barely even matters anymore.. Any sound card bought today will perform excellent. Unless you have an expensive high end audio system, you probably won't see the difference. Besides, CL cards are meant for gaming.

Arklon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
It barely even matters anymore.
Unless you're an audiophile.
Any sound card bought today will perform excellent.
My X-Fi Platinum (that just died recently) was a major improvement over my old computer's shintegrated SoundMIN sound, but, after it died while in my new computer, and I switched to its onboard Realtek ALC885 sound, I found that the X-Fi wasn't that much of an improvement over the Realtek sound. Because of Creative's poor choice of components.
Is there a date on its release? I have read a couple things about this sound card and am pretty interested in it for my next build if it's out by then.
Near the end of this month.

Kronos76

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Sounds like I am just better off waiting for a better card to be released in the near future. I can live with that, I am running the SB Audigy Platinum now anyway, I just figured since I was building a new system to update the card, seems not much has changed to make it work dropping another $180.00.

Thanks,

Oh, BTW, just to ask, is the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude going to be a good card to go with in the future?

Techfan

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Basically Auzentech X-FI Prelude is using the X-FI processor from creative.
Most of the features of this card are the same as creative X-FI with few exceptions. The Auzentech it uses better DAC 120dB 7.1 output and 123dB stereo output. Also it has Optical / Coaxial COMBO Port
The SPDIF Output port has 25mbps bandwidth and supports DTS-
HD/DolbyTrue HD. It is possible to shift between Optical and Coaxial in this port. So ti will support HD DVD and Blue Ray audio.
I think wait for next generation Creative processor if you want something really better.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php#featureshardware

Kronos76

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Thanks for the Link, some nice reading. Given what I can tell I agree with you, best to just wait for the next generation processor. I am doing okay with what I have at the moment.

Thanks again!

thuan

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2005
Auzentech is a renown manufacturer for audiophile sound card. This is a review for Auzentech X-FI Prelude's predecessor http://www.guru3d.com/article/sound/399/ which does not use the X-Fi chip. The only thing it performs so so is gaming. When comes to audio quality it beats Creative cards to a pulp.

Anyway I have high hope for the Prelude. Gonna wait for reviews and buy one if it's good.

Techfan

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I agree with you that Auzentech performs better than Creative, our expectations betrayed by the numbers 116dB SNR for Elite pro 120dB for X-FI Prelude. However you hardly distinguish the difference in real world scenarios coz the best speakers can perform 110dB SNR. So how can you feel the difference even if it exists.

Kronos76

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
HaHaHaHa :D
Yea, if I did get one of the two I was going internal. Desk space is a premium, when it comes to real-estate it is always about location, location, location.

TRENDING THREADS