MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
Anything from Hauppage is supposed to be pretty good from my understanding. Unless you need the high end features you could probably even go for a lower end model if you are looking to save some money.

-mcg

angelkiller

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
And regarding your system specs, you have a fairly decent system. Very solid performance, but significantly lacking in the graphics department. Don't expect to play any games with you 7300LE. But for doing non-gaming stuff, you system is fine.

SinclairSpeccy

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I am sure you have already thought of this but:

Which version of Vista are you using?

I would be cautious if not running premium or ultimate - I see no mention of bundled software. MCE means media center edition, if you haven't got MCE you will have a card you cannot use without additional software...

cobra11

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
I Have Windows Vista Home Editon

i made sure that it had that when i ordered it from dell

oh and i forgot to add that my ram is

Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM Running at 667MHz

Dell XPS 410
Vista 32-Bit System
7300LE Geforce
6400 @ 2.13 GHz Intel
2046 MB (RAM) Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
500 GB Performace RAID0 (2*250GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HHDs)

can some one tell me if thats a good ram chip?

I have a PVR-150. The image quality is great, and it has its own hardware encoder which means it works OK even with crappy processors like Pentium 3.

The model you selected has the same hardware as my model, so I'd expect the same quality, except that your model actually contains two tuners. You will be able to record two shows at the same time, or record one while watching another. Personally I only needed this ability a few times when House M.D. and Standoff were aired at the same time, so I don't know how important it is to you. If it's not important save some money and get a PVR-150.

Windows XP MCE has the software you need, but there are even better software packages for it. SageTV, BeyondTV, etc.

Edit: don't worry about the graphics card. My Dad's tuner works fine too and he only has integrated graphics :lol: The tuner gets signal from the cable and creates a file on disk, the graphics card is not involved. If it's good enough to play DVD movies then it's good enough to display TV too.