ping sittingduck

Hey Ducky,

I moved. Now I can't join your server. I'm getting a couple cd-key errors
like "mistyped cd key?" and "Invalid cd key". Damn I have a new IP addy and
I guess the authentication server is not liking seeing my cd key coming from
another place. Back in the days when people were talking about this here I
paid no attention cause I didn't have the problem, but now that I have
moved, ARGH. Do you remember how to get around this? Or anyone else? And
unlike all the other weenies who used to post about this stuff, I don't mind
buying a new copy if I have to. That is if I can still find it. But is there
another solution short of buying a new copy? TIA

OTG
4 answers Last reply
More about ping sittingduck

    OscartheGrouch wrote:

    > Thanks, didn't work. I'll see if I can score a new copy. I miss your
    > server badly.

    damn, I only used it 2 times from here. ID's key server is wound up tight as
    hell evidently.... It's pretty lame to be able to use a key from only one
    domain.

    "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    > OscartheGrouch wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, didn't work. I'll see if I can score a new copy. I miss your
    >> server badly.
    >
    > damn, I only used it 2 times from here. ID's key server is wound up tight
    > as
    > hell evidently.... It's pretty lame to be able to use a key from only one
    > domain.

    Got a new copy. Uninstalled old q3. Total fresh install with new cd key.
    Same thing, I can't join. Wahhh. I can join other free for all servers.
    Your's, no dice. Anyone here know what's going on? TIA

    "OscartheGrouch" <Tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    >> OscartheGrouch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks, didn't work. I'll see if I can score a new copy. I miss your
    >>> server badly.
    >>
    >> damn, I only used it 2 times from here. ID's key server is wound up tight
    >> as
    >> hell evidently.... It's pretty lame to be able to use a key from only one
    >> domain.
    >
    > Got a new copy. Uninstalled old q3. Total fresh install with new cd key.
    > Same thing, I can't join. Wahhh. I can join other free for all servers.
    > Your's, no dice. Anyone here know what's going on? TIA

    I removed gamespy.cfg from baseq3, now all is good. Wooot

    OscartheGrouch wrote:

    > I removed gamespy.cfg from baseq3, now all is good. Wooot

    wierd.... GGs gamespy... :)

CD-Rom Servers Video Games