ping sittingduck

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2005 5:15:27 AM

Hey Ducky,

I moved. Now I can't join your server. I'm getting a couple cd-key errors
like "mistyped cd key?" and "Invalid cd key". Damn I have a new IP addy and
I guess the authentication server is not liking seeing my cd key coming from
another place. Back in the days when people were talking about this here I
paid no attention cause I didn't have the problem, but now that I have
moved, ARGH. Do you remember how to get around this? Or anyone else? And
unlike all the other weenies who used to post about this stuff, I don't mind
buying a new copy if I have to. That is if I can still find it. But is there
another solution short of buying a new copy? TIA

OTG

More about : ping sittingduck

July 9, 2005 9:10:15 PM

OscartheGrouch wrote:

> Thanks, didn't work. I'll see if I can score a new copy. I miss your
> server badly.

damn, I only used it 2 times from here. ID's key server is wound up tight as
hell evidently.... It's pretty lame to be able to use a key from only one
domain.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 11:23:10 PM

"sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> OscartheGrouch wrote:
>
>> Thanks, didn't work. I'll see if I can score a new copy. I miss your
>> server badly.
>
> damn, I only used it 2 times from here. ID's key server is wound up tight
> as
> hell evidently.... It's pretty lame to be able to use a key from only one
> domain.

Got a new copy. Uninstalled old q3. Total fresh install with new cd key.
Same thing, I can't join. Wahhh. I can join other free for all servers.
Your's, no dice. Anyone here know what's going on? TIA
July 12, 2005 12:28:11 AM

"OscartheGrouch" <Tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
>> OscartheGrouch wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, didn't work. I'll see if I can score a new copy. I miss your
>>> server badly.
>>
>> damn, I only used it 2 times from here. ID's key server is wound up tight
>> as
>> hell evidently.... It's pretty lame to be able to use a key from only one
>> domain.
>
> Got a new copy. Uninstalled old q3. Total fresh install with new cd key.
> Same thing, I can't join. Wahhh. I can join other free for all servers.
> Your's, no dice. Anyone here know what's going on? TIA

I removed gamespy.cfg from baseq3, now all is good. Wooot
July 12, 2005 9:25:27 AM

OscartheGrouch wrote:

> I removed gamespy.cfg from baseq3, now all is good. Wooot

wierd.... GGs gamespy... :)
!