paxtonwife

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY CAN SOMEONE HELP? i have windows vista... and recently probably the last couple weeks i have been getting an error page that keeps popping up... sometimes 6 pages at a time or more... this is what it says...

HEADING: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IELowutil.exe

C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\Temp\.
Atemporary file needed for initalization could not be created or couldnt be written to. Make sure that the directory path exists and disk spas is available. choose "close" to terminate the application.

I have ran adaware, malware, reg cleaner and mcafee, I have done a soft boot from the operating system disk, updated my drivers and reset internet explorer... I am at a loss at to what to do next... and confused because I have a 32 bit system. Help =)

Solution
No problem, glad that helped.

Good luck with your studies and please don't forget to select a Best Answer in this thread so other people with the same problem will see that your question is marked solved!

Cheers!

paxtonwife

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

after uninstalling that... how do i reinstall if i cant get on the internet? lol could be messenger too i had checked my email through messenger and it happened again. i am so frustrated with this .. time to go to linux

paxtonwife

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
ok i am at this moment downloading firefox... my brother has been bugging me forever to do that anyway... unfortionately all my classes are IE based.. lol so here we go I will keep you posted... going to uninstall messenger to just in case then reinstall.. =) ty ty

paxtonwife

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
=) OK done. we shall see now... I'm not going to bother updating to IE8.... unless i absolutely have to... so I will let you know... happens several times a day so if it doesn't happen again by tomorrow we will know that that was the problem. looking at the date that it was installed on that may actually have been about the time the pop-ups started.. Thank you =)

paxtonwife

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
DIGITAL YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ON MY PROBLEM... UNINSTALLING IE8 HELPED.. SINCE THE UNINSTALL THE MS DOS WINDOWS HAVE NOT COME BACK... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU =)