Extra Q3 maps -

I regularly play on a server that has all the standard maps - but thats all.
Is there a way to introduce a map to the server? - perhaps to get it to
download the map from somewhere else?
I have written to the server owner already, but have had no reply...
Cheers -
5 answers Last reply
More about extra maps

    Miss Understanding wrote:

    > I regularly play on a server that has all the standard maps - but thats
    > all. Is there a way to introduce a map to the server? - perhaps to get
    > it to download the map from somewhere else?
    > I have written to the server owner already, but have had no reply...
    > Cheers -

    No.

    Only someone with direct access to the server via FTP similar method can put
    maps on it. If you get no response from admins, you are SOL.

    "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    > Miss Understanding wrote:
    >
    > > I regularly play on a server that has all the standard maps - but thats
    > > all. Is there a way to introduce a map to the server? - perhaps to get
    > > it to download the map from somewhere else?
    > > I have written to the server owner already, but have had no reply...
    > > Cheers -
    >

    > No.
    >
    > Only someone with direct access to the server via FTP similar method can
    put
    > maps on it. If you get no response from admins, you are SOL.

    Hmm - thanks for that. Somehow I knew it was so, but there was no harm in
    asking.

    Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the Earth.

    Miss Understanding wrote:

    > Strangely enough, i recorded my first violation of some sort for having my
    > timenudge setting at -30. This is normal over here - i wonder why i havent
    > been picked up on it before....? When I am on a server and pinging in the
    > 200's - I WANT some type of timenudge or my eyes get freaky... Anyways -
    > thanks for that -

    Sorry about the timenudge thing, I have some players that are very anti-
    timenudge, and harrassed me until I banned its use.
    Take a look at my site, most of the maps you see on the maps page link are on
    the server and can be voted. I also have some files/configs/etc in the misc.
    page.

    http://sittingduck.nuclearfallout.net

    > sittingduck wrote:
    >
    > > Miss Understanding wrote:
    > >
    > >> Strangely enough, i recorded my first violation of some sort for having
    > >> my timenudge setting at -30. This is normal over here - i wonder why i
    > >> havent been picked up on it before....? When I am on a server and
    > >> pinging in the 200's - I WANT some type of timenudge or my eyes get
    > >> freaky... Anyways - thanks for that -
    > >
    > > Sorry about the timenudge thing, I have some players that are very anti-
    > > timenudge, and harrassed me until I banned its use.
    > > Take a look at my site, most of the maps you see on the maps page link
    > > are on the server and can be voted. I also have some files/configs/etc
    > > in the misc. page.
    > >
    > http://sittingduck.nuclearfallout.net

    No worries - I am interested to know why it was banned though - if everyone
    can use it, what is the issue?
    Taking a look now - thanks heaps!
    -

Download Games Servers Video Games