Extra Q3 maps -

Last response: in Video Games
July 3, 2005 7:53:20 PM

I regularly play on a server that has all the standard maps - but thats all.
Is there a way to introduce a map to the server? - perhaps to get it to
download the map from somewhere else?
I have written to the server owner already, but have had no reply...
Cheers -

More about : extra maps

July 3, 2005 7:53:21 PM

Miss Understanding wrote:

> I regularly play on a server that has all the standard maps - but thats
> all. Is there a way to introduce a map to the server? - perhaps to get
> it to download the map from somewhere else?
> I have written to the server owner already, but have had no reply...
> Cheers -

No.

Only someone with direct access to the server via FTP similar method can put
maps on it. If you get no response from admins, you are SOL.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 8:58:33 PM

"sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> Miss Understanding wrote:
>
> > I regularly play on a server that has all the standard maps - but thats
> > all. Is there a way to introduce a map to the server? - perhaps to get
> > it to download the map from somewhere else?
> > I have written to the server owner already, but have had no reply...
> > Cheers -
>

> No.
>
> Only someone with direct access to the server via FTP similar method can
put
> maps on it. If you get no response from admins, you are SOL.

Hmm - thanks for that. Somehow I knew it was so, but there was no harm in
asking.

Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the Earth.
Related resources
July 4, 2005 11:32:55 AM

Miss Understanding wrote:

> Strangely enough, i recorded my first violation of some sort for having my
> timenudge setting at -30. This is normal over here - i wonder why i havent
> been picked up on it before....? When I am on a server and pinging in the
> 200's - I WANT some type of timenudge or my eyes get freaky... Anyways -
> thanks for that -

Sorry about the timenudge thing, I have some players that are very anti-
timenudge, and harrassed me until I banned its use.
Take a look at my site, most of the maps you see on the maps page link are on
the server and can be voted. I also have some files/configs/etc in the misc.
page.
July 4, 2005 11:33:55 AM

sittingduck wrote:

> Miss Understanding wrote:
>
>> Strangely enough, i recorded my first violation of some sort for having
>> my timenudge setting at -30. This is normal over here - i wonder why i
>> havent been picked up on it before....? When I am on a server and
>> pinging in the 200's - I WANT some type of timenudge or my eyes get
>> freaky... Anyways - thanks for that -
>
> Sorry about the timenudge thing, I have some players that are very anti-
> timenudge, and harrassed me until I banned its use.
> Take a look at my site, most of the maps you see on the maps page link
> are on the server and can be voted. I also have some files/configs/etc
> in the misc. page.

http://sittingduck.nuclearfallout.net
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:03:21 PM

> sittingduck wrote:
>
> > Miss Understanding wrote:
> >
> >> Strangely enough, i recorded my first violation of some sort for having
> >> my timenudge setting at -30. This is normal over here - i wonder why i
> >> havent been picked up on it before....? When I am on a server and
> >> pinging in the 200's - I WANT some type of timenudge or my eyes get
> >> freaky... Anyways - thanks for that -
> >
> > Sorry about the timenudge thing, I have some players that are very anti-
> > timenudge, and harrassed me until I banned its use.
> > Take a look at my site, most of the maps you see on the maps page link
> > are on the server and can be voted. I also have some files/configs/etc
> > in the misc. page.
> >
> http://sittingduck.nuclearfallout.net

No worries - I am interested to know why it was banned though - if everyone
can use it, what is the issue?
Taking a look now - thanks heaps!
-