Problem installing XP

quad777

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Recently bought 2 PCs,A Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz & a Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz,Could not install XP Pro as it gave a "blue screen" error...Removed Hard Drives from the new PCs and put them on my older Pentium4 system to install the XP Pro OS,Which worked perfectly even after i put the Hard Drives back into the newer PCs... What would be the cause of the OS not to install on the newer PCs???
The XP Pro OS i used did not have a Service Pack on it :??:

quad777

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
yes both drives were SATA, but , only until i put the drives onto the older pentium4 system did they work out fine but refused installing on the newer PCs :??:

quad777

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I will definately try that out,thanks for the help really appreciate it....This gonna make me seem more stupid than i already am :D but i forgot to mention that after having the problem on the newer PCs i took it back to the store i purchased it from to see what the problem could have been...They loaded their Windows XP Pro with service pack2 and it worked out fine,the version of windows i used did not have service pack....so im thinking,could the lack of service pack on my windows disc be a problem???

quad777

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks alot for the help really appreciate it :p Just one more question,is it possible to merge XP Pro and Service Pack2 into a single disc so it that works as a "XP Pro with SP2" install disc