Read disc error and error 0xd000000a

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan3racing

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Hi,I have a Acer aspire AX1200-U1711A desktop.It is about 1yr and a couple months old. I bought it with no hard drive ,i put a new hard drive in it ,and has sticker on side of computer Windows Vista Home .I sent for discs from Acer with ID number and they sent 1 system and 2 recovery disc.I tap f-12 and follow steps put each disc in and last disc gets to 90% and says error 0xd000000a and then says crlt-alt-delete to start again,pops up screen safe mode ,safe mode with networking and so on . Do i need a vista operator system to install,or does those discs have that in them,Please help. Thanks

shan3racing

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

Hello, that thread sounds similar to mine ,i have a new hard drive ,I have my discs for my Acer desktop that they sent,put it in and get that read disc error press keys ctrl-alt-delete at the same time and goes right back to read disc error.I know you read my first thread and got to 90% installation and then it said failed and had 0xd000000a error, Thanks

cndnchck

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
I have a similar issue, and I was also told that it was likely my hard drive, but I DID replace my hard drive and the same problem happens.

I have an Acer Aspire 5920G laptop (wow all the issues seem to be with Acer Aspires... hmmm). It was freezing and acting up so I decided to do ANOTHER factory restore with my set of discs I purchased from Acer. This has always seemed to work in the past, but this time... I get to disc 3 (at 100%) and it comes up with an error message that says, "Restore failed - reason 0xd000000a. Click OK to restart the computer". So, when I do restart the computer, it says, "BOOTMGR MISSING Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart".

WHAT DO I DO!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.