Thermalright IFX 14

Polar_012

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Is the thermalright IFX 14 released for retail version? It seems that the thermalright site had included the word "preview" beside the heatsink name title.

How's the performance? How come there isn't/few users of this heatsink?

Since this heatsink is given a high end heatsink rating why there isn't a comparitive review? Does this outperform Ultra 120 Extreme?

onestep

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2007
Dude chill out!

The TR IFX 14 isn't out yet, hence there are no reviews...
However I have to say i'm looking forward to this 1 as well as it's the 1st HSF to allow the use of 140mm fans & has that interesting seperate back plate heatsink (2 coolers in 1) which i'd be curious to see if that makes a difference.

For those unfamiliar with the IFX 14 here's a pic:

ifx14uw7.jpg

Thermalright official page:

http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_ifx14.htm

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
LOL. I spend a lot of time at my computer but I don't think I need the extra "back-side heat pipe cooler". I just get up and walk around when my butt gets warm.

Looks like this could give the Ultra Extreme 120 a run for its money tho.

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
High end motherboards already employ a backside heatsink of some sort, Thermalright is just making a heatpipe out of it, we could see it play a big part in temps or a minor, who knows but we'll see.

Third picture down.

Gigabyte P35T-DQ6

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
The back side I was reffering to was the one I sit on.

Just checked out the MB you linked to and WOW if this is the way they are going I need to get shares in a copper mine.

I think high end MBs will need mounting horizontally soon with all that weight hanging off it.

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Yes, i saw the comment about the backside, i thought you were making fun of it playing it off as a ploy to make more money by trying something else that doesn't increase the temps.

Oh and since they have all that weight on the front side of the mobo, they just wanted to balance it out by adding some weight on the backside. :lol:

If you think that was getting insane, just wait till they actually come out with this

Thermalright's insane "Heat Sink Case"

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
God, how much does all that weight? There used to be a time when the HSF went on your board before you put it in the case now it's the last thing that goes on as you put the side of the case on. LOL.

Polar_012

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Well if weight is an issue they would probably come up with a good backplate to support the weight. Anyway let's get back to IFX 14. Anybody got a hand on it yet? How come from where i'm from its available for order? Or is it only order and wait for it to be released?

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
On image 6 they say "The Panel is much lighter than we thought."
Its all aluminum so it really can't weigh that much. IN Theory this could put less stress on your board than all the heavier tower heatsinks right now cause this is supported by something other than the motherboard.

And if they actually made this i think it would be awesome. Being able to buy a hopefully high performing heatsink and case all in one would be cool.

Watercoolers beware! :twisted: