Hd and DVD editing Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishwinderjauhar

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Hello,
I am basically a photographer and well my guys now need a system to help edit the hd video they are shooting. For me this is completely new area but would like to configure a sytem at a decent budget and would work with Adobe premiere and after effects. The space for keeping the sytems is also limited, so was wondering if the systems can be stacked horizontaly. I know i do have the option for Mac's but prefer windows. Any help would be excellent. I have read about the sytems configured for $4000, etc and will hand it over to my hardware incharge, but still was looking for an alternate/budget wise better solution. We shoot on Sony Z7
thanks a ton

G

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Applications by Grumpy9117

A fast single PC with a fast quad-core and a good video card will be well under $2,000 and will edit and encode HD video with acceptable performance. The question is how much time vs. money are you willing to give up? If you setup a rendering node, you can do it but will require more hardware and know-how that a single fast system.

I suggest a RAID5 system, for HD video you'd want a multi-TB drive array. Some 2 TB drives in a RAID5 setup will do fine.

This does not include any backup hardware though, you may want an external NAS or SAN to backup the work also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS