Internet explorer Branded as Comcast.

Hello All,

I was helping a friend get his internet connection setup with Comcast. I
had used my laptop to make sure that the internet connection was working
before the cable guy actually left. Anyway, My internet explorer has now
been branded as comcast. There's a little C with a red circle around it in
the top right corner where the globe used to be (below the X, _ , and the
minimize & maximize boxes). Comcast told me that I would have to change the
registry to get rid of it. I know for the general user, messing with the
registry is a dangerous thing, but I was wondering if anyone out there knows
how to change this. I'm using XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6, w/ SP2.

I've tried to unistall & reinstall, but that does not work. Comcast brand
still there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Hi,

See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"kismet_entwined" <kismet_entwined@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C04A1CC6-4D4C-4174-A2AE-EC3E97805A1F@microsoft.com...
> Hello All,
>
> I was helping a friend get his internet connection setup with Comcast. I
> had used my laptop to make sure that the internet connection was working
> before the cable guy actually left. Anyway, My internet explorer has now
> been branded as comcast. There's a little C with a red circle around it
> in
> the top right corner where the globe used to be (below the X, _ , and the
> minimize & maximize boxes). Comcast told me that I would have to change
> the
> registry to get rid of it. I know for the general user, messing with the
> registry is a dangerous thing, but I was wondering if anyone out there
> knows
> how to change this. I'm using XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6, w/
> SP2.
>
> I've tried to unistall & reinstall, but that does not work. Comcast brand
> still there.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you,

Thank you for the reply and it did work! Yeah! Do you think there is
anything else I may need to worry about since Comcast changed the registry of
IE? I unistalled the help center, and did not see anything else related to
Comcast on the add/remove programs menu.

Again THANKS SO MUCH!

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "kismet_entwined" <kismet_entwined@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C04A1CC6-4D4C-4174-A2AE-EC3E97805A1F@microsoft.com...
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I was helping a friend get his internet connection setup with Comcast. I
> > had used my laptop to make sure that the internet connection was working
> > before the cable guy actually left. Anyway, My internet explorer has now
> > been branded as comcast. There's a little C with a red circle around it
> > in
> > the top right corner where the globe used to be (below the X, _ , and the
> > minimize & maximize boxes). Comcast told me that I would have to change
> > the
> > registry to get rid of it. I know for the general user, messing with the
> > registry is a dangerous thing, but I was wondering if anyone out there
> > knows
> > how to change this. I'm using XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6, w/
> > SP2.
> >
> > I've tried to unistall & reinstall, but that does not work. Comcast brand
> > still there.
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thank you,

Hi,

Likely not, though you may want to check the OE registry keys the article
mentions as well. It's pretty common for ISP's to do this.

--

message news:8E7B1AE5-0D5E-448F-A282-68C2623E2CC4@microsoft.com...