Continuing high amount of scans on Bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerPlayer

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hello, After turning on my Laptop, a scan bar starts scanning from left to right. Normal Bootup is from 6-8 scans. Mine scans about 30-50 times. If I format the disk, it works again the way it should. Is there a way I can re make the boot process???? I have already run Bootrec.exe

Solution
You can't compare boot times after format, to boot times after a period of time using the OS.

When you using the OS, you getting more and more software installed every time.
These software's got (most of them) services, and other features that effect the boot time.

These software's can also be categorized as malicious - Malware / Trojans / Viruses They can effect boot times while you even didn't know they exist.

- Make sure to clean your computer from any malicious programs.
- Make sure you clean and defrag the registry and your HD once in a while.
- Make sure that you disabled any unnecessary services and software's.

Matan Eldan

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
You can't compare boot times after format, to boot times after a period of time using the OS.

When you using the OS, you getting more and more software installed every time.
These software's got (most of them) services, and other features that effect the boot time.

These software's can also be categorized as malicious - Malware / Trojans / Viruses They can effect boot times while you even didn't know they exist.

- Make sure to clean your computer from any malicious programs.
- Make sure you clean and defrag the registry and your HD once in a while.
- Make sure that you disabled any unnecessary services and software's.

Solution

ComputerPlayer

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010

Mantan Eldan, Thanks for answering so soon. Comparing hardware boot times now and after a format... I'm talking about the hardware scan before the software is even started. After a clean format, it only scans about 7 times and now, it scans about 30-40 times. The 3 items you mentioned, I do every day. I'm on the computer about 10 hours every day. This problem just started about a week ago. I don't recall installing any new programs a week ago. I would like to just format the hard disk but then I would loose a lot of programs. I would like to repair the hardware boot....Any more ideas????

Thanks ComputerPlayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS