q3arena hangs : invalid cd key ? Nonsense!

I have a problem with my q3arena (original, updatepatch to 1.32, excessiveplus
etc.)
Sometimes,when connecting to multiplayer games, it says "Invalid CD key?" etc.
and does not let me connect. Needless to say (so I'll say it here) my CD key
works fine, or ought to work fine.
The problem gets worse whenever I use another software to spot fast Q3 game
servers, such as Kali. Most servers spotted by Kali refuse to connect. It's a
little bit better under the "Multiplayer Game" tag from the main menu of the
game, tho, but even there I get the annoying refusals all too many times.

Any advice?

"Alexander Oberhuber" <aloh@x-mail.n0-spam.net> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my q3arena (original, updatepatch to 1.32,
>excessiveplus
> etc.)
> Sometimes,when connecting to multiplayer games, it says "Invalid CD key?"
> etc.
> and does not let me connect. Needless to say (so I'll say it here) my CD
> key
> works fine, or ought to work fine.
> The problem gets worse whenever I use another software to spot fast Q3
> game
> servers, such as Kali. Most servers spotted by Kali refuse to connect.
> It's a
> little bit better under the "Multiplayer Game" tag from the main menu of
> the
> game, tho, but even there I get the annoying refusals all too many times.
>
> Any advice?

IIRC delete the cd key from all mod directories but keep it in your baseq3.