Is this CPUZ right, paired Mem timings?

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I just upgraded to to 2 x 1gb Patriot memory modules (paired set) and I'm confused because they showed up as different timings? Should I be worried or just go on ignoring it?

1 dimm shows up as 400 Mhz 4/4/12/21
other dimm shows up as 500 Mhz 5/5/15/35
yet they show up as Dual Channel --- any explanation or suggestions is appreciated

difftimings.jpg

dual.jpg

oh yeah, i ran through the mem test on Vista startup and it showed no problems but I thought this was interesting.

ps. first time posting pic's so I hope they so up alright!!!

Mondoman

Splendid
It's impossible for some DIMMs to run at different speeds/timings/voltage than others in the same system, since all the installed memory runs at a single speed/latency/voltage.
You're looking at the wrong tab; the Memory tab shows you current running conditions; the SPD tab just shows you the various values stored in the EEPROM of each module. See this post for more info: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1249881#1249881

PS - your "Memory" tab image shows a speed of DDR2-533.

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Thanks MondoMan, btw that is a great post --- maybe should be amended to the end of the Memory sticky :)

sorry I didn't find it :oops:

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Your memory never runs at whats it meant to.. well it can but not without altering stuff usually. Standard runs next to your FSB as it does on yours or as I assume because its running at 266.