Tool to read temps on a 65w AMD 3600+ x2 proc?

shambling

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
Looking for a small program to read the temperatures on both cores for my 65w 1.9ghz 3600+ x2. I've tried core temp .95, but it reads one core at -1c and one at 2c.

I'd like a program that is compatible with this processor, and can list perhaps the heats of my northbridge, core 1, core 2.

I'm using stock cooling right now, but when I want to overclock I will switch out the cooler. I got it up to 2.375ghz stable on stock cooling, but I'd rather not keep it at that until I get a better cooler. I could have probably gone higher, but biostar's temp reader was showing a processor temp of 55c. Until then I'd like to be able to monitor the core temps reliably.

Motherboard is a biostar tforce 7025

edit: after doing some research, it looks like the temperature monitoring that is built into the brisbane CPU is defective. If anyone finds out anything though, let me know?

drew455

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
some people like the program called speedfan but i am personally not a fan. i didn't like the setup. but if it works for you i'm happy for you. hope this was helpful.

shambling

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
unfortunately, it looks like the brisbane core doesn't have functional hardware for speedfan or coretemp like programs to properly monitor.

I guess I'll just have to be happy with guestimating temperature based on my BIOS readings.

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

As far as I'm concerned, this works. Scroll down to "AMD Dashboard Demo Software, Rev 2.0.0." Been using it since I did my build and even if its wrong, it still gives me headroom because its been reporting temps as high as 53C (load) with a MaxOrb in this SFF chassis...

Nonetheless, it SEEMS VERY ACCURATE. Idle temps are around 33C....

Note: You must install the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP before using this software.