Need a better PC case bad?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Hi all, I am currently using a PC case with horrible cooling performance (Asus Vento 3600), and I'm willing to spend upto $400 dollars for the very best PC case with airflow #1 priority. When I take my side panel off my PC case the temps drop 10c-15c cooler on CPU temps. Just a few days ago I didn't even know what SilverStone had to offer, I looked at the TJ09. I don't even know if I have even scratch the surface of what's out there regarding PC case with great airflow, I've search the web and feel that theres more choices out there. What computer cases would you say would be a very good choice if you had $400 dollars to spend on the PC case of your dreams? Don't like Antec's or ThermalTakes. Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi all, I am currently using a PC case with horrible cooling performance (Asus Vento 3600), and I'm willing to spend upto $400 dollars for the very best PC case with airflow #1 priority. When I take my side panel off my PC case the temps drop 10c-15c cooler on CPU temps. Just a few days ago I didn't even know what SilverStone had to offer, I looked at the TJ09. I don't even know if I have even scratch the surface of what's out there regarding PC case with great airflow, I've search the web and feel that theres more choices out there. What computer cases would you say would be a very good choice if you had $400 dollars to spend on the PC case of your dreams? Don't like Antec's or ThermalTakes. Thanks for any suggestions!

For a cheap case this one has a full cloth mesh front with 80mm intake and a single 120 mm exhaust fan. This case offers excellent cooling with the open air mesh fron bezel I have the case, it works great for cooling. The price is great:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119077

If you want to spend a lot of money and get a case you can hardly lift, get this one. I have it for months. Mine has eleven 120 mm fans and keeps my Q6600 at 22c idle. The PSU is housed in it's own chamber. Plenty of room for water cooling if you desire. This will keep your system cool. Lifting it is another thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133025

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

For a cheap case this one has a full cloth mesh front with 80mm intake and a single 120 mm exhaust fan. This case offers excellent cooling with the open air mesh fron bezel I have the case, it works great for cooling. The price is great:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119077

If you want to spend a lot of money and get a case you can hardly lift, get this one. I have it for months. Mine has eleven 120 mm fans and keeps my Q6600 at 22c idle. The PSU is housed in it's own chamber. Plenty of room for water cooling if you desire. This will keep your system cool. Lifting it is another thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133025

Wow, that motzart has enough fan to move itself across the room! You'd have no problems putting a water cool system inside it. I'll put that one on my top 5 list, thanks. The amount of fans you can put in that monster is mind blowing!

I have this in the Mozart. CPUID has CPU temp at 24c right now.
The case is VERY heavy and also very tall. I had to put my work station on blocks to fit it uner the table.

Q6600
ASUS P5B-Deluxe
G. Skill PC6400 4GB 4-4-4-12
EVGA 7900GTO 512 MB
WD 150 SATA RAPTOR Vista HP 32
WD 74 SATA RAPTOR Windows XP PRO
WD 250 SATA storage
ASUS DVD-ROM
ASUS DVD-RW Lightscribe
Thermaltake 700 watt quad 12v rail PSU
Thermaltake Mozart tower
Thermaltake media Lab Led Remote control
Zalman 9500 Led HSF
Audigy 2 Soundblaster
Boston Acoustics
Pinnacle Studio 9 PCI
Slingbox Pro Digital Sattelite
BenQ 22” LCD

Vista Experience rating is 5.9.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
the silverstone TJ09 is a grate case, so is the antec p180, i personally like the thermaltake kandalf and armour though because of the complete mesh front and the 25cm side fan.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
the silverstone TJ09 is a grate case, so is the antec p180, i personally like the thermaltake kandalf and armour though because of the complete mesh front and the 25cm side fan.

I think the P180 has two 120mm fans in back/top then one in front. Can the P180 fit an 8800 GTX & at least a Enermax infinity 720W? I've heard that the P180 has problems fitting some PSU's

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
with the fans, yeah, but you can also rig a 2nd one at the front, and you can stick one between the hdd bay and the psu, i *think* the p180 can fit the 8800gtx *if* you take out one of the hdd bays, and yes, the p180 is a bitch when fitting psus, i have no idea what it can and can't fit.

the armour and kandalf are huge so you won't have any problems with them that you mentioned about the p180, and they have alot of fans too lol