WINDOWS XP WILL NOT LOAD

TMBURCHAM

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I have a frys brand computer that will not load windows xp in any form. I have tried every safe mode and last known configuration. Everytime it just stays at the windows window trying to load. I put in the windows xp professional disc to try to get to the recovery/repair area or even to reinstall. The disc loads and starts the process but never comes to a setup screen of any kind. It just says it is configuring hardware and then gets to the part where it says windows is loading and just stays there forever like it is trying to load. To my knowledge no updates were done. I was using the computer and everything was fine. I signed off of AOL and windows was still up. I came back about an hour later to this. Any suggestions?
If I need to call someone to come in to do a repair, does anyone have any recommendations. I am weary to use the geek squad or frys repair. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Thank you

StubleU

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009

Have you tried using a different disk of windows XP? or using the same disk on another machine? I Would try that first. Also did it come with windows XP? or did it come with Vista and you downgraded.

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
once you try to install XP and have a failure, you can't do a reinstall, cuz there is a progrm called ntldr,dll that can't be erased, download the Ultimate Boot CD, and in the HDD tools, use wipe to destroy the MBR, then try the install