Toot

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005

Hi gamers
Just wondering how do you set-up Quake 3 to play over the net.
Some help would be great, it would be interesting to learn
how to do it.
Also where do you go (URL) to play Quake 3.
Many thanks
Newby Toot

Toot wrote:
> Just wondering how do you set-up Quake 3 to play over the net.

I use a program called The All Seeing Eye to find games. Do a google
search to locate it. It's worth the download.

There are several settings inside Quake that you can tweak to make
network play faster. All of these settings are changed in the console,
which you access using the tilda key.

/rate - the default setting is something like 2000, which is
acceptable for dialup but way too slow for broadband play. Set rate to
around 25000.

/snaps - set to 25 or 30

/cl_maxpackets - set to around 100

I highly recommend the threewave mod. I think you'll like it a lot
more than regular quake.

"Toot" <scha4661@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi gamers
> Just wondering how do you set-up Quake 3 to play over the net.
> Some help would be great, it would be interesting to learn
> how to do it.
> Also where do you go (URL) to play Quake 3.
> Many thanks
> Newby Toot

You might try havoc6.com. I took my net settings from there - as well as
some tips on play.

The multiplayer option in Q3 searches for games automatically - but there
are progs out there (All Seeing Eye - Q-Tracker - Gamespy) that will do
similar.

Good luck!

Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the Earth.

christopher.secord@gmail.com <christopher.secord@gmail.com> typed as if
devouring a plate of spoo:
> Toot wrote:
>> Just wondering how do you set-up Quake 3 to play over the net.
>
> I use a program called The All Seeing Eye to find games. Do a google
> search to locate it. It's worth the download.
>
> There are several settings inside Quake that you can tweak to make
> network play faster. All of these settings are changed in the console,
> which you access using the tilda key.
>
> /rate - the default setting is something like 2000, which is
> acceptable for dialup but way too slow for broadband play. Set rate
> to around 25000.

I tend to use up to 4000 for dialup depending on the quality of the
connection (3000 or so for a 44-48k connection, 4000 for a 52-53k one). For
my DSL I use 15000.

> The multiplayer option in Q3 searches for games automatically - but there
> are progs out there (All Seeing Eye - Q-Tracker - Gamespy) that will do
> similar.

These programs will do the job better than the ingame browser. ASE seems to
be the most popular.

leojit

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
hi everyone,

pls i need some help here, when even i play this " news version quake3 team arena" (not online) it alway pause or fuzzy the game for 0.1sec or less then come to the game it self, it happen every 5 to 10min! pls tell me what can i do to stop this thank you.

my system is run in: window xp pro Pentium4, 2.66ghz-dual core, msi 945p-platinum,ram ddr2 kingston 1GBX2, pci express(HIS)X700pro 256mb.

all driver had been up to date. pls do help me thank you v much.

Fm Leo