OE spell checker

June 19, 2005 6:39:39 PM

Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the message
"Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?" when
I send an email message in OE. The spell check works just fine in Office 97
and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as the OS. I went to MS support
and found article 178238 regarding this problem and checked the path in the
registry as they suggested. They gave an example and the files mentioned
(mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll) were where they were supposed to be. This
problem has existed since the new installation of XP and Office 97. Any
ideas? Thanks.

Bart

More about : spell checker

June 19, 2005 6:51:56 PM

Also went to the ElderGeek site and found a fix by installing a copy of
csapi3t1.dll in the C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\proof
folder. That didn't work.

Bart

"Bart" <bsmart@nospamnet.invalid> wrote in message

> Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the message
> "Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?"
> when I send an email message in OE. The spell check works just fine in
> Office 97 and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as the OS. I went
> to MS support and found article 178238 regarding this problem and checked
> the path in the registry as they suggested. They gave an example and the
> files mentioned (mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll) were where they were
> supposed to be. This problem has existed since the new installation of XP
> and Office 97. Any ideas? Thanks.
>
> Bart

June 19, 2005 9:12:50 PM

Bart wrote:

> Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the message
> "Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?" when
> I send an email message in OE. The spell check works just fine in Office 97
> and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as the OS. I went to MS support
> and found article 178238 regarding this problem and checked the path in the
> registry as they suggested. They gave an example and the files mentioned
> (mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll) were where they were supposed to be. This
> problem has existed since the new installation of XP and Office 97. Any
> ideas? Thanks.
>
> Bart

You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for OE:

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
registry, here,
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
I will not be posting this at TEG.

"Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Bart wrote:
>> Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the message
>> "Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?"
>> when I send an email message in OE. The spell check works just fine in
>> Office 97 and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as the OS. I went
>> to MS support and found article 178238 regarding this problem and checked
>> the path in the registry as they suggested. They gave an example and the
>> files mentioned (mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll) were where they were
>> supposed to be. This problem has existed since the new installation of
>> XP and Office 97. Any ideas? Thanks.
>>
>> Bart
> You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
> not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for OE:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 9:12:52 PM

What is TEG?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
lvee <notmesothere@msn.com> hunted and pecked:
> I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
> registry, here,
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
> I will not be posting this at TEG.
>
> "Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Bart wrote:
>>> Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the
>>> message "Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send
>>> anyway?" when I send an email message in OE. The spell check works
>>> just fine in Office 97 and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as
>>> the OS. I went to MS support and found article 178238 regarding this
>>> problem and checked the path in the registry as they suggested. They
>>> gave an example and the files mentioned (mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll)
>>> were where they were supposed to be. This problem has existed since
>>> the new installation of XP and Office 97. Any ideas? Thanks.
>>>
>>> Bart
>> You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
>> not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for
>> OE:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic"
June 19, 2005 11:06:34 PM

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?act=boardru...

> What is TEG?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> lvee <notmesothere@msn.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
>> registry, here,
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
>> I will not be posting this at TEG.
>>
>> "Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
>>> not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for
>>> OE:
>>>
>>> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>>>
>>> Malke
>>> --
>>> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
>>> Elephant Boy Computers
>>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>>> "Don't Panic"
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 12:35:07 PM

I changed my mind..I posted this at TEG, as well.
Let somebody know, in one newsgroup or the other, if it worked.

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
>registry, here,
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
> I will not be posting this at TEG.
>
> "Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Bart wrote:
>>> Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the
>>> message "Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send
>>> anyway?" when I send an email message in OE. The spell check works just
>>> fine in Office 97 and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as the OS.
>>> I went to MS support and found article 178238 regarding this problem and
>>> checked the path in the registry as they suggested. They gave an
>>> example and the files mentioned (mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll) were
>>> where they were supposed to be. This problem has existed since the new
>>> installation of XP and Office 97. Any ideas? Thanks.
>>>
>>> Bart
>> You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
>> not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for
>> OE:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic"

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:02:34 PM

Thank you.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23%23heIOSdFHA.892@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
QT <Vc@cong.net> hunted and pecked:
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?act=boardru...

>> What is TEG?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> lvee <notmesothere@msn.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
>>> registry, here,
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
>>> I will not be posting this at TEG.
>>>
>>> "Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 3:49:01 PM

lvee,
Some people have posted in the past that they also have made the spell-check
feature work, by placing a copy of the Csapi3t1.dll file in OE's program
file. As long as the Back Slash is present in the Registry Value. Make sure
there is no space before the Back Slash

So you might try placing a copy of the file in:
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
Then reboot PC.

Another thing that you may want to consider is to reinstall or repair
Outlook97 over itself. Something might have gotten broken if you upgraded ME
to XP. Then reboot PC.

--

Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
registry, here,
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
I will not be posting this at TEG.

"Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Bart wrote:
>> Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the message
>> "Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?"
>> when I send an email message in OE. The spell check works just fine in
>> Office 97 and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as the OS. I went
>> to MS support and found article 178238 regarding this problem and checked
>> the path in the registry as they suggested. They gave an example and the
>> files mentioned (mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll) were where they were
>> supposed to be. This problem has existed since the new installation of
>> XP and Office 97. Any ideas? Thanks.
>>
>> Bart
> You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
> not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for OE:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 3:49:02 PM

Thanks for the info, but I am not the one who was asking for help, and I
believe that the poster included in one of his/her posts that from The Elder
Geek site, that fix was tried and didn't work, although from doing my own
research, I know that many people did not apply that correctly. That's why
I offered an alternative suggesting, post the answer both here, and at The
Elder Geek.
But, thanks for the added info..if the Op comes back, he/she may find it's
just the ticket!

"RRR_News" <rrr_news@isp.com> wrote in message
> lvee,
> Some people have posted in the past that they also have made the
> spell-check
> feature work, by placing a copy of the Csapi3t1.dll file in OE's program
> file. As long as the Back Slash is present in the Registry Value. Make
> sure
> there is no space before the Back Slash
>
> So you might try placing a copy of the file in:
> C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
> Then reboot PC.
>
> Another thing that you may want to consider is to reinstall or repair
> Outlook97 over itself. Something might have gotten broken if you upgraded
> ME
> to XP. Then reboot PC.
>
> --
>
> Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
> Rich/rerat
>
> (RRR News) <message rule>
> <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>>
>

> "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
> registry, here,
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
> I will not be posting this at TEG.
>
> "Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Bart wrote:
>>> Perhaps I am in the wrong group for this question, but I get the
>>> message
>>> "Spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?"
>>> when I send an email message in OE. The spell check works just fine in
>>> Office 97 and worked on the OE messages when I had ME as the OS. I went
>>> to MS support and found article 178238 regarding this problem and
>>> checked
>>> the path in the registry as they suggested. They gave an example and
>>> the
>>> files mentioned (mssp2_en.lex and mssp232.dll) were where they were
>>> supposed to be. This problem has existed since the new installation of
>>> XP and Office 97. Any ideas? Thanks.
>>>
>>> Bart
>> You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
>> not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for
>> OE:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic"

June 20, 2005 7:44:02 PM

Update on the spell check in OE: Did all the procedures and find that
copying the file to the correct location and rebooting (the key to success)
and all was well, although the first reboot didn't do the job for some
reason. I rebooted, tried a incorrect spelling in a message and no go. I
was done for the night and when I came back on the next AM, there it was!
Spell check like it should be. Not so sure why the double boot, but, hey,
who cares if it works.
Thanks to all who responded and I will post results in TEG asap.

Bart

> Thanks for the info, but I am not the one who was asking for help, and I
> believe that the poster included in one of his/her posts that from The
> Elder Geek site, that fix was tried and didn't work, although from doing
> my own research, I know that many people did not apply that correctly.
> That's why I offered an alternative suggesting, post the answer both here,
> and at The Elder Geek.
> But, thanks for the added info..if the Op comes back, he/she may find it's
> just the ticket!
>
> "RRR_News" <rrr_news@isp.com> wrote in message
>> lvee,
>> Some people have posted in the past that they also have made the
>> spell-check
>> feature work, by placing a copy of the Csapi3t1.dll file in OE's program
>> file. As long as the Back Slash is present in the Registry Value. Make
>> sure
>> there is no space before the Back Slash
>>
>> So you might try placing a copy of the file in:
>> C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
>> Then reboot PC.
>>
>> Another thing that you may want to consider is to reinstall or repair
>> Outlook97 over itself. Something might have gotten broken if you upgraded
>> ME
>> to XP. Then reboot PC.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> Rich/rerat
>>
>> (RRR News) <message rule>
>> <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>>
>>

>> "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
>> news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
>> registry, here,
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
>> I will not be posting this at TEG.
>>
>> "Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> You might get an OE expert who happens to be reading this group (and I'm
>>> not one of them!), but if you don't want to wait here is the group for
>>> OE:
>>>
>>> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>>>
>>> Malke
>>> --
>>> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
>>> Elephant Boy Computers
>>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>>> "Don't Panic"

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:43:22 PM

good job, and thanks for posting your solution.
see you at TEG.

> Update on the spell check in OE: Did all the procedures and find that
> copying the file to the correct location and rebooting (the key to
> success) and all was well, although the first reboot didn't do the job for
> some reason. I rebooted, tried a incorrect spelling in a message and no
> go. I was done for the night and when I came back on the next AM, there
> it was! Spell check like it should be. Not so sure why the double boot,
> but, hey, who cares if it works.
> Thanks to all who responded and I will post results in TEG asap.
>
> Bart
> "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thanks for the info, but I am not the one who was asking for help, and I
>> believe that the poster included in one of his/her posts that from The
>> Elder Geek site, that fix was tried and didn't work, although from doing
>> my own research, I know that many people did not apply that correctly.
>> That's why I offered an alternative suggesting, post the answer both
>> here, and at The Elder Geek.
>> But, thanks for the added info..if the Op comes back, he/she may find
>> it's just the ticket!
>>
>> "RRR_News" <rrr_news@isp.com> wrote in message
>>> lvee,
>>> Some people have posted in the past that they also have made the
>>> spell-check
>>> feature work, by placing a copy of the Csapi3t1.dll file in OE's program
>>> file. As long as the Back Slash is present in the Registry Value. Make
>>> sure
>>> there is no space before the Back Slash
>>>
>>> So you might try placing a copy of the file in:
>>> C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
>>> Then reboot PC.
>>>
>>> Another thing that you may want to consider is to reinstall or repair
>>> Outlook97 over itself. Something might have gotten broken if you
>>> upgraded ME
>>> to XP. Then reboot PC.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>> Rich/rerat
>>>
>>> (RRR News) <message rule>
>>> <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>>
>>>

>>> "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o 7A9lXRdFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> I just saw you're post in TEG before this one posted here. Check your
>>> registry, here,
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
>>> I will not be posting this at TEG.
>>>
>>> "Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message

June 21, 2005 12:30:36 AM

Good to see you are into Pink Floyd. Great Gig and all!!

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o Eg9UHfdFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> good job, and thanks for posting your solution.
> see you at TEG.
>
> "Bart" <bsmart@nospamnet.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> Update on the spell check in OE: Did all the procedures and find that
>> copying the file to the correct location and rebooting (the key to
>> success) and all was well, although the first reboot didn't do the job
>> for some reason. I rebooted, tried a incorrect spelling in a message and
>> no go. I was done for the night and when I came back on the next AM,
>> there it was! Spell check like it should be. Not so sure why the double
>> boot, but, hey, who cares if it works.
>> Thanks to all who responded and I will post results in TEG asap.
>>
>> Bart
>> "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Thanks for the info, but I am not the one who was asking for help, and I
>>> believe that the poster included in one of his/her posts that from The
>>> Elder Geek site, that fix was tried and didn't work, although from doing
>>> my own research, I know that many people did not apply that correctly.
>>> That's why I offered an alternative suggesting, post the answer both
>>> here, and at The Elder Geek.
>>> But, thanks for the added info..if the Op comes back, he/she may find
>>> it's just the ticket!
>>>
>>> "RRR_News" <rrr_news@isp.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:08:22 PM

Yes, indeed.
That's one of the few songs that make my eyes water.

!