Please clearly explain bunny hopping

Joe

i tried understanding other explanations of bunny hopping and so far i still
have no clue... the explanations just leave me with more questions.

i know you are supposed to alternate jumping and left-right direction
changes - but how and in what order... hec im not even sure if what i know
is right anymore...

so thx if ya can help

--
joe
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

joe wrote:

> i tried understanding other explanations of bunny hopping and so far i
> still have no clue... the explanations just leave me with more
> questions.
>
> i know you are supposed to alternate jumping and left-right direction
> changes - but how and in what order... hec im not even sure if what i
> know is right anymore...
>
> so thx if ya can help

Bunny hopping is something you do on a bicycle.
If you mean strafe-jumping which is done in quake III, here is a tutorial.
Strafe jumping is like the most important thing in trickjumping. What it
basically is, is running, jumping, and pressing strafe all at the same time.
The result? You go faster than you would just running.

Step by Step
1) Start running
2) Press the strafe key, left or right, and jump a nano second afterward
3) Hold Strafe in the air
4) Land and jump again immediately, still holding strafe and forward

TIP
You can alternate strafe keys to keep you going in a straighter line,
however, its not usually necessary.

This tutorial is really short, because its a simple thing, its easy to
master, and you will be able to do it in no time. Counterstrike strafe
jumping is supposedly a lot harder, and it involves one of the concepts of
circle jumping as well, so be thankful you play quake.
So how useful is it? does it reaaaaaly make a difference? Damn straight it
does bitch, thats why everyone, EVERYONE, does it. because it seriously helps
you move around a map, and the better you are at it, the better you will be a
player.
http://www.boxsocial.org/pimpjumps/strafejumping.shtml

Joe

"sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> joe wrote:
>
>> i tried understanding other explanations of bunny hopping and so far i
>> still have no clue... the explanations just leave me with more
>> questions.
>>
>> i know you are supposed to alternate jumping and left-right direction
>> changes - but how and in what order... hec im not even sure if what i
>> know is right anymore...
>>
>> so thx if ya can help
>
> Bunny hopping is something you do on a bicycle.
> If you mean strafe-jumping which is done in quake III, here is a tutorial.
> Strafe jumping is like the most important thing in trickjumping. What it
> basically is, is running, jumping, and pressing strafe all at the same
> time.
> The result? You go faster than you would just running.
>
> Step by Step
> 1) Start running
> 2) Press the strafe key, left or right, and jump a nano second afterward
> 3) Hold Strafe in the air
> 4) Land and jump again immediately, still holding strafe and forward
>
> TIP
> You can alternate strafe keys to keep you going in a straighter line,
> however, its not usually necessary.
>
> This tutorial is really short, because its a simple thing, its easy to
> master, and you will be able to do it in no time. Counterstrike strafe
> jumping is supposedly a lot harder, and it involves one of the concepts of
> circle jumping as well, so be thankful you play quake.
> So how useful is it? does it reaaaaaly make a difference? Damn straight it
> does bitch, thats why everyone, EVERYONE, does it. because it seriously
> helps
> you move around a map, and the better you are at it, the better you will
> be a
> player.
> http://www.boxsocial.org/pimpjumps/strafejumping.shtml

i got it - i was missing the "press jump-key immediately after pressing the
strafe key" thx a mill! :)

--

joe wrote:

> i got it - i was missing the "press jump-key immediately after pressing
> the strafe key" thx a mill! :)

no problem...
check out the circle jump tutorial on that same site, I was able to do the
topgap in tourney4 pretty easily after I practiced it a bit.

On 8/19/2005 4:55 PM sittingduck brightened our day with:

>joe wrote:
>

>>i got it - i was missing the "press jump-key immediately after pressing
>>the strafe key" thx a mill! :)
>>

>no problem...
>check out the circle jump tutorial on that same site, I was able to do the
>topgap in tourney4 pretty easily after I practiced it a bit.

I kinda miss the hours I spent trying to learn some of those jumps. The
one in q3dm6 was tough but I eventually made it.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

> joe wrote:
>
>> i got it - i was missing the "press jump-key immediately after pressing
>> the strafe key" thx a mill! :)
>
> no problem...
> check out the circle jump tutorial on that same site, I was able to do the
> topgap in tourney4 pretty easily after I practiced it a bit.

i got to the site with no problem but couldnt access any tutorial. is ther a
right-click or something i can do to save it to my hd?

thxagain,

--

Inglo wrote:

> I kinda miss the hours I spent trying to learn some of those jumps. The
> one in q3dm6 was tough but I eventually made it.

bridge to rail? tough one to master. I can do it sometimes, but have to be
real into the game to hit it consistently.

On 8/19/2005 10:26 PM sittingduck brightened our day with:

>Inglo wrote:
>

>>I kinda miss the hours I spent trying to learn some of those jumps. The
>>one in q3dm6 was tough but I eventually made it.
>>

>bridge to rail? tough one to master. I can do it sometimes, but have to be
>real into the game to hit it consistently.

Yeah, there's no effin' chance in hell I could load up Q3 and make that
jump today :)

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Hey Duck, would you shoot me an e mail? Putry purty please. Just wanta see
what up with the server.

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 8/19/2005 10:26 PM sittingduck brightened our day with:
>
>>Inglo wrote:
>>

>>>I kinda miss the hours I spent trying to learn some of those jumps. The
>>>one in q3dm6 was tough but I eventually made it.
>>>

>>bridge to rail? tough one to master. I can do it sometimes, but have to be
>>real into the game to hit it consistently.
>>
> Yeah, there's no effin' chance in hell I could load up Q3 and make that
> jump today :)
>
> --
> "I don't feel tardy"
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

OscartheGrouch wrote:

> Hey Duck, would you shoot me an e mail? Putry purty please. Just wanta see
> what up with the server.

I quit paying for it....

Get OSP, and play at Shayders, (Croaker's server) should be the same ping.
69.12.37.162:27969

The tutorial is right there on the first page. You can copy and paste it and
save in your "my documents". Capishe?

"joe" <sweet430@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
>> joe wrote:
>>
>>> i got it - i was missing the "press jump-key immediately after pressing
>>> the strafe key" thx a mill! :)
>>
>> no problem...
>> check out the circle jump tutorial on that same site, I was able to do
>> the
>> topgap in tourney4 pretty easily after I practiced it a bit.
>
> i got to the site with no problem but couldnt access any tutorial. is ther
> a right-click or something i can do to save it to my hd?
>
> thxagain,
>
> --
> joe
> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

Joe

Excuse me grocery store clerk, I am looking for this product. ...he pasues
and then points right in fornt of me. :/

sorry and thx Oscar!!