I have an annoying occurence. I am on the internet, connected by cable to a
DSL connection and after about 10 minutes the connection on thi computer is
lost. The wireless modem connected is still connected. I hae to reboot the
computer to get the internet back. The internet used to be lost in this
manner ocassionally before if the computer was not used for a while but it
seems to be getting more frequent. Am running Zone Alarm pro. Wondering if
they may have some sort of bug

luckeyo

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:28 -0600, luckeyo1 wrote:

> I have an annoying occurence. I am on the internet, connected by cable to a
> DSL connection and after about 10 minutes the connection on thi computer is
> lost. The wireless modem connected is still connected. I hae to reboot the
> computer to get the internet back. The internet used to be lost in this
> manner ocassionally before if the computer was not used for a while but it
> seems to be getting more frequent. Am running Zone Alarm pro. Wondering if
> they may have some sort of bug
>
> luckeyo

Check this setting yet?
Open Network Connections. Right click on the icon for the wireless
connection and select Properties. On the screen that appears is a list of
available wireless networks. Highlight yours and click the Properties
button.

On the Authentication page, look to see if there is a check in the box next
to "enable IEEE 802.1x authentication," click to remove it. The purpose of
this setting is to authenticate against a server before being allowed to
use network resources. However, most home users don't have that kind of
server setup and don't need this setting checked. OK your way back to the
desktop.

If you've lost the wireless connection, restart the system that you just
made changes on. When it comes back up, you should have your internet back
and the 10 minute drop should be gone.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User