Windows 7 Welcome screen 40+sec

elessargr

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hello to all

First of all sorry for my bad english :)

My question is

why my computer needs 40+sec on the welcome screen?

after 20 formats i have found than the drivers are making my problem i have try all the drivers.

My computer after the format with no drivers (the only driver he needs is the ethernet) the welcome screen take 0.2 sec.
When i install the drivers i have download from the official site of gigabytes (for the ethernet) its take 40+sec.
When i install the drivers i have download from the official site of Realtek (for the ethernet) its take 40+sec.
When i install the drivers from the cd its came with the motherboard (for the ethernet) its take 0.3 sec and this is fine but
after some restart the welcome screen take 40+sec again.

the computer is new i have just build it
New CPU Intel core i7 950 1366
New Ram Kingston Triple Channel 6GB
New Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD7
GPU GTX 275 working fine
SSD Kingston SSDNow V+100
PSU CoolerMaster 700W silent pro M
OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

theprivateer

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I have the same problem with my brandnew (so there are no additional installed programs which could slow it down) sony vaio z with windows 7. After log-in the welcome screen stays for more than 30 seconds and I DON´T HAVE A SOLID BACKGROUND but a simple foto.

Can´t find a solution for this, can anyone help me?

elessargr

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011

hello

can you please tell us more anout your computer?
like motherboard...cpu....psu....gpu...hard disk or ssd.....ram...os 32-64?

theprivateer

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hi, thanks for your help.

Its a brandnew Vaio VPCZ2, i5 2540M@2,6GHz, Sony Vaio Sandy Bridge Motherboard, Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+), Win7 SP1 64Bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM.
But I´m almost sure it´s no hardware prob - it´s really exactly the same than this solid-background-problem and it seems like it´s not only because of a solid background, there must be another important fact that triggers this bug/feature.

Thanks