Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PC fan too loud!

Last response: in Components
Share
June 25, 2007 6:04:38 PM

Hello,

Recently my computer has been making really loud fan sounds, even when under very light load (browsing the net is an example). I figured out it needs to be cleaned, so i did so, and it worked properly for 2 days, and now the same problem has come back once again. Do you have an idea what is going on?

Thank you

More about : fan loud

June 25, 2007 6:13:25 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Recently my computer has been making really loud fan sounds, even when under very light load (browsing the net is an example). I figured out it needs to be cleaned, so i did so, and it worked properly for 2 days, and now the same problem has come back once again. Do you have an idea what is going on?

Thank you


You could replace the computer, but replacing the loud fan with a new one would save you a buck or two.
June 25, 2007 6:30:42 PM

and btw i dont OC.

Anyway, my current PC is doing well and i dont want to get a new one since im just a student and all the money i have im saving it up for education. I'm going to consider purchasing a new fan. thax
Related resources
June 25, 2007 7:08:22 PM

Quote:

You could replace the computer, but replacing the loud fan with a new one would save you a buck or two.


Replacing a part that is faulty with a new one, what a great idea. I would have never thought of doing that. Saves me from asking this kind of question if this ever happens to me. :tongue:
June 25, 2007 7:53:51 PM

Quote:
Replacing a part that is faulty with a new one, what a great idea. I would have never thought of doing that. Saves me from asking this kind of question if this ever happens to me. :tongue:


Your the one who asked... You could alsways take the fan out. Or you could remove any guards on it to reduce airflow noise.

Or hit it with a hammer. It won't make any noise then.
June 25, 2007 8:00:59 PM

How high are your temps with the loud fan? Is it that the fan RPM is really high, or is the fan just plain noisy?
June 25, 2007 8:39:03 PM

Quote:
Replacing a part that is faulty with a new one, what a great idea. I would have never thought of doing that. Saves me from asking this kind of question if this ever happens to me. :tongue:


Your the one who asked... You could alsways take the fan out. Or you could remove any guards on it to reduce airflow noise.

Or hit it with a hammer. It won't make any noise then.

Actually, it was the other guy with the same avatar who asked. I was just being a wise ass. :lol: 
June 25, 2007 9:34:51 PM

The cheapest route is to peel the sticker back off the motor side of the fan and drop a little oil in the bearings, worn out bearings are generally what make old fans loud. It'll work sometimes as long as 3-4 months.
August 13, 2011 9:56:13 AM

You can buy a new fan - (just fan) on eBay auction,
Buy a good known brand
and attach it even with strips - it will be good to cool your CPU , VGA , case with no sound.
!