crazybrad

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
hey i am having problems with the Blue Screen of death

i get it and it says memory dump driver less or equal something like that

friends say ram or new hardware i just installed a Geforce 8800 Gts

but it worked a good 2 to 3 weeks b4 this happen iv switched ram out i got a gig i don;t see 2 512 sticks going out at the same time but i dunno

but im hoping its not the graphics card its brand new is there anything i can run on hardware to test it i am going to run memtest soon also or am i in the wrong Topics for this Problem ?

any comments / ?>

Thanks ..

Mondoman

Splendid
It will help a lot if you would list the *model numbers* of *every* component in your system, including CPU, power supply, CPU cooler, MB, case, etc.
Second, please describe the situations where the problem happens (and doesn't happen) in more detail.

crazybrad

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
asus mobo
amd 64 3800= Cpu
1gig infineon ram i think it was give to me from friend ddr 400 2x512
BFG geforce 8800 Oc Gfx Card
500 watt psu

it kinda just does it after idle or just running just depends

like i can set around and watch youtube videos for about 10 mins sometimes and it go blue then sometimes its about 3 mins and it does it in gamming and everything hell even idle lol anything else ya need to know ?.

again only thing newon the pc is Gfx Card its about a month old but around 2 to 3 weeks of use b4 crash juts got able to get on to post lol iv even took my old card and put in it its a geforce 5500 and it ran for about 20 mins then went out same crash style so i thought it was ram then i took my Kingston Hyper x 512 stick and put it in there ddr433 and it ran but i could only test for about 15 mins then i put mine back in ran great for about 15 20 mins then Bluescreen again ...

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Did you uninstall the old graphic drivers and run a registry cleaner before installing the new card and drivers?

crazybrad

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
the mobo is the asus asn-e
and the psu is bluestorm 500 watt by FSP

i did install new drivers and did not run a registry cleaner but i did end up thinking it was a virus or something and i rebooted xp completly

so now its fresh install and still blue screening me :(

crazybrad

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
hmm well thats wierd i did not think it woudl be the Psu sendingit to Blue screen but whats the best way to check the Psu ?

crazybrad

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
yes i have a geforce 5500 its my old card and i thought maby the new card was bad so i put it back in there and tried to play and it also BSOD so i don;t think its the video card but i could be wrong i dunno

im really lost

some reviews in google are saying so many different thing like drivers not working together and stuff but i dunno what to do about it all iv tried everything

in the blue screen its saying Driver lesser or equal something like that try fixing new hardware and stuff but im sure ya alreday knew that that normal on BSOD

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Load setup defaults in the bios and run Memtest on each DIMM after setting the DIMM voltage manually to the 2.65v to 2.8v range. Also, disable Legacy USB Support in the bios while running Memtest.

crazybrad

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
ok ill give it a shot it should alreday be set factory anyways this is not a Overclocked Pc lol but ill get back to ya on that