Thread on blind invites affected game play :)

Hi all;

Thought some of you might find this amusing;

Last night I was given the star after the previous leader couldn't find
tanks for the igneous door mission in the Hollows.

So I pull up the list and see four tankers in our level range - I send off
the invite to three of them and wait for response.

A couple of seconds go by before I realized "Oops! I didn't have the "LFT"
filter set - I'd just sent three blind invites". So I send a tell to each,
simply apologizing for the blind invite - wasn't intended and was an honest
mistake.

One tanker declined the invitation, but sent a tell saying "no problem - it
happens". Another tanker didn't reply at all (or accept/decline the invite)
The third tanker joins the team, saying that if the leader at least
recognized that blind invites were a bad thing and was willing to admit a
mistake in a tell, it's gotta be a decent team.

On a team of six people, five of us levelled in the next hour :)

--
Marc Bissonnette
CGI / Database / Web Management Tools: http://www.internalysis.com

Marc Bissonnette <dragnet@internalysis.com> wrote:
> The third tanker joins the team, saying that if the leader
> at least recognized that blind invites were a bad thing and was
> willing to admit a mistake in a tell, it's gotta be a decent team.

Applause for both of you.

You know... I wonder if a rating system could be implemented - something
like eBay or Yahoo. You can issue a vote on leaving the team for anyone
you've teamed more than ten minutes with. Every ten minute increment of
teaming together gives you an increasingly weighted vote to apply to
other teammates - team with someone for two hours, your vote has ten
times as much weight as someone who teams for ten minutes. Good leaders
and good teammates get high ratings and are attractive to join or
solicit; jerk PLers and the others get lower ratings and have to go play
by/with themselves. It would reinforce good teaming or no teaming.

(Yeah, right, maybe for I27 when there are only six players left...)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-