High HDD usage from svchost.exe

svchost.exe Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted) is using up 98% of my HDD. But the weird thing is it only happens sometimes. Maybe because of a program? What are some ways i can solve this problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about high usage svchost
  1. I realize that this is an old question, but just in-case someone else has this problem. If you click on the drop down menu beside that svcHost there are things running under it. One of those things is a program called "Superfetch" which is supposed to use a lot of your memory preloading applications that you normally use at that time of day.. http://blog.tune-up.com/myth-buster/myth-busted-why-disabling-superfetch-on-vista-and-windows-7-is-a-bad-idea/ is a good place to read up on it.

Edit: Also, if you have a question about anything running in task manager. Microsoft put in a little extra for us. You no longer have to type the prog. name in search. Just right click it and select search online :) Nice
  2. noidea_77 said:

A reference library is a collection of (mostly) trusted sources that people use to do research, I went to task manager/processes right clicked on what I believed might be my problem and clicked "search online", and one of the early results sent me here. I did this in an attempt to "research the problem on my own". You should try to help W/O being so condescending, it helps no one and only serves to discourage people from learning how to fix their own problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

Svchost.Exe Windows 8