[chuckles] wonder how many fps Q3 will get now?

With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :)
McG.
10 answers Last reply
More about chuckles

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
    > Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :)
    > McG.

    bastid

    you suxors!!!

    <G>

    "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >
    >> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
    >> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :)
    >> McG.
    >
    > bastid
    >

    > you suxors!!!
    >

    > <G>

    Maybe I ought to get a job. Must be nice to have money.

    "OscartheGrouch" <Tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    >> McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >>> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
    >>> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :)
    >>> McG.
    >>
    >> bastid
    >>

    >> you suxors!!!
    >>

    >> <G>
    >
    > Maybe I ought to get a job. Must be nice to have money.

    Yeah, it helps. Specially if you're no good at gambling and don't have rich
    relatives dying and leavin ya loads of moolah! Like me :-\ Nope, I hadda
    wait till all the kids were up and out on their own first :) Jobs are nice,
    good paying ones are nicer! Guess I'm sorta in the middle there on that
    part.
    BUT, I finally got me some *thing* that's actually cuttin edge. Yep, I'm a
    tiny bit pleased with it :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > The XP x64 part, that's gonna have to go on a little hd, maybe 30g,
    > cause it will be just for playing around only. Windows x64 is *not*
    > ready for prime time. But regular Win XP Pro likes the X2 just fine!
    > :)

    I hear ya.... I've tried it a bit, and only a small percentage of programs
    work with it. I have a lot of stuff I rely on that just wont run. Nothing
    wrong with 2 OS on the same computer though.... just make a partition for
    each one.

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >
    >> The XP x64 part, that's gonna have to go on a little hd, maybe 30g,
    >> cause it will be just for playing around only. Windows x64 is *not*
    >> ready for prime time. But regular Win XP Pro likes the X2 just fine!
    >> :)
    >
    > I hear ya.... I've tried it a bit, and only a small percentage of programs
    > work with it. I have a lot of stuff I rely on that just wont run. Nothing
    > wrong with 2 OS on the same computer though.... just make a partition for
    > each one.

    Got that, but really want it on a seperate drive. It will expire and then
    I'll have a useless partition.
    McG.

    > With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
    > Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :)
    > McG.

    So what was the answer ? How many FPS did you get in the end ?

    http://sitting-duck.home.comcast.net/1000.jpg <G>

    "?uzzled" <not@got.one> wrote in message
    >> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
    >> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :)
    >> McG.
    >>

    > So what was the answer ? How many FPS did you get in the end ?

    299.8 :) Drop console, type in TIMEDEMO 1
    then DEMO FOUR
    when done, drop console have a look. standard method.
    McG.

    > ?uzzled wrote:
    >

    >> So what was the answer ? How many FPS did you get in the end ?
    >>

    > http://sitting-duck.home.comcast.net/1000.jpg <G>

    Heh!
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > 299.8 :) Drop console, type in TIMEDEMO 1
    > then DEMO FOUR

    or I could simply click this shortcut on my desktop....

    "D:\Quake III Arena\quake3.exe" +timedemo 1 +demo four

    :)

    I just did a timedemo with 7 other programs running and still got 281.1, not
    too shabby for my old POS machine.

Games X64 FPS Video Games