Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[chuckles] wonder how many fps Q3 will get now?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 6:20:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :) 
McG.

More about : chuckles fps

August 26, 2005 8:13:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

McGrandpa wrote:

> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :) 
> McG.

bastid


you suxors!!!


<G>
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:13:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96BDD7ECC8059duckrulestheuniverse@news.easynews.com...
> McGrandpa wrote:
>
>> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
>> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :) 
>> McG.
>
> bastid
>
>
> you suxors!!!
>
>
> <G>

Maybe I ought to get a job. Must be nice to have money.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 3:06:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"OscartheGrouch" <Tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:8vydncjY98igSpPeRVn-gw@comcast.com...
>
> "sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns96BDD7ECC8059duckrulestheuniverse@news.easynews.com...
>> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>>> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
>>> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :) 
>>> McG.
>>
>> bastid
>>
>>
>> you suxors!!!
>>
>>
>> <G>
>
> Maybe I ought to get a job. Must be nice to have money.
>
Yeah, it helps. Specially if you're no good at gambling and don't have rich
relatives dying and leavin ya loads of moolah! Like me :-\ Nope, I hadda
wait till all the kids were up and out on their own first :)  Jobs are nice,
good paying ones are nicer! Guess I'm sorta in the middle there on that
part.
BUT, I finally got me some *thing* that's actually cuttin edge. Yep, I'm a
tiny bit pleased with it :) 
McG.
August 26, 2005 8:38:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

McGrandpa wrote:

> The XP x64 part, that's gonna have to go on a little hd, maybe 30g,
> cause it will be just for playing around only. Windows x64 is *not*
> ready for prime time. But regular Win XP Pro likes the X2 just fine!
> :) 

I hear ya.... I've tried it a bit, and only a small percentage of programs
work with it. I have a lot of stuff I rely on that just wont run. Nothing
wrong with 2 OS on the same computer though.... just make a partition for
each one.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:49:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96BE621C0B248duckrulestheuniverse@news.easynews.com...
> McGrandpa wrote:
>
>> The XP x64 part, that's gonna have to go on a little hd, maybe 30g,
>> cause it will be just for playing around only. Windows x64 is *not*
>> ready for prime time. But regular Win XP Pro likes the X2 just fine!
>> :) 
>
> I hear ya.... I've tried it a bit, and only a small percentage of programs
> work with it. I have a lot of stuff I rely on that just wont run. Nothing
> wrong with 2 OS on the same computer though.... just make a partition for
> each one.

Got that, but really want it on a seperate drive. It will expire and then
I'll have a useless partition.
McG.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:57:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
news:40vPe.247992$X76.193941@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :) 
> McG.
>

So what was the answer ? How many FPS did you get in the end ?
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:55:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"?uzzled" <not@got.one> wrote in message
news:431eab7d$0$13703$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:40vPe.247992$X76.193941@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>> With an A64 X2 4800+ and 6800GT 256 meg? Heh!
>> Wonder if it'll install in x64.... well, time to find out :) 
>> McG.
>>
>
> So what was the answer ? How many FPS did you get in the end ?
>

299.8 :)  Drop console, type in TIMEDEMO 1
then DEMO FOUR
when done, drop console have a look. standard method.
McG.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:55:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96CA5605E22CDduckrulestheuniverse@news.easynews.com...
> ?uzzled wrote:
>
>
>>
>> So what was the answer ? How many FPS did you get in the end ?
>>
>>
>>
> http://sitting-duck.home.comcast.net/1000.jpg <G>

Heh!
McG.
September 8, 2005 6:17:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

McGrandpa wrote:

> 299.8 :)  Drop console, type in TIMEDEMO 1
> then DEMO FOUR

or I could simply click this shortcut on my desktop....

"D:\Quake III Arena\quake3.exe" +timedemo 1 +demo four

:) 

I just did a timedemo with 7 other programs running and still got 281.1, not
too shabby for my old POS machine.
!