The sound on my computer is unusually, tragically high.

RDR040

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Hello,
The sound on my PC's speakers is unusually high. My PC runs Windows Vista Home Premium and this problem came out of nowhere. I've never had this problem before. I've tried to adjust the speakers' settings so that the bass/treble is balanced, but it has not worked. I even tried optimizing the settings in Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center to correct this problem--all to no avail, alas! I am desperate: Listening to Graham Parker & the Rumour on Youtube makes him sound like a castrato, which is an absolute crime against music for listening pleasure and all decent people of good taste. Can anyone out there help me and Graham get this problem sorted out--and help prevent it from recurring? I just can't get no protection. Paul

RDR040

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
What I meant was that this problem on my PC made Graham Parker & the Rumour sound like castratos when I was listening to them on Youtube; however, Graham Parker & the Rumour sounding like castratos still remains a crime against music for listening pleasure and all decent people of good taste.