Memory stick recognition in vista

Billybluff

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I have the same problem but with Vista. Firts thing I noticed was that in Vista, the virtual drive system was disabled. Now enabled. I the converted my memory stick from FAT32 to NTFS. I hear the ding-dong when plugging the stick in the USB poort, but in computer management still no recognition
Any suggestions? :cry:

Billybluff

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Thank Saint19 and Gandalf for the edit of my e-mail as I indicated in my question, I enabled virtual disk and via compute management ---> disk management -->reresh
no recognition in the USB. The device manager lists a considerable # of Hubs but no specfic device. the USB stick has a volume name which is also not displayed. The taskbar recognises the memory stick and installs it but it is not visible in the explorer.

Like I see, the problem is the USB and not the USB port, since ur USB is recognized but u can't open it.

Billybluff

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Hi Saint19:
Funny thing is on my XP machine the flash-stick is fully recognized. This leads me to conclude that on the lap-top (Vista) there is something defintely in a wrong status, and/or not enabled, question is, what?

Really funny thing. Boot ur Vista in safe mode, unplug the Ethernet cable, disable the Windows firewall and the UAC, connect ur USB and see what happen.