need help

ok ill tell you in brief
my dad gave me 2500$ so i can by a gaming computer
i want to know what is the best gaming computer i can buy with only 2500$
my friend told me to buy asus striker extreme because it is the best gaming motherboard so i want to know is it??

i can wait for one moth so if there any coming part you can tell me too.
thanks
11 answers Last reply
More about need help
  1. $2500 ONLY? That's what you call ONLY?

With $2500, I could get a Core 2 Duo (maybe Quad?) system, 4GB of RAM, running 2x 8800GTX SLI, with dual 22" LCD Monitor, Dual Raptor X RAID-0.

Striker Extreme is good, but it's a bit of a overkill IMHO.
  2. ok the Monitor is not included i have one
    you didnt gave me names how can i buy any thing
  3. What we need is your Specs you want in your Gaming Rig.

CPU:

Ram:

PSU:

Motherboard:

Graphic Card(s):

DVD/RW:

HD(s):

Sound Card:

Case:

CPU Fan/HS:

Now will you be overclocking, going for Liquid(water) cooled, SLi. All these factors play a major part on any suggestions we give you on your Computer Build.

Some suggest for you to look at.

EVGA Graphic cards & they also have a very good 680i mobo.
    Asus: mobo
    DFI: mobo
    Samsung: DVD/RW Burner
    Enermax, PC Power & Cooling, OCZ GameStream & Thermaltake are some of the top PSU vendors.

Ram, Depends on OS: Vista go for 4gb and XP go for 2gb. Look for DDR2(800) that uses Micron D9 memory chip modules.

Sound Card: Creative is leader, but would suggest Bluegears' b-Enspirer. Found them to out perform Creative and has none of the bloatware.

Segate 320gb perpendicular HD is very good.

Case(s) you want something that you like(looks good to you). Thermaltake, Antec, Lian Li; make some of the best around.

Go and Browse at NewEgg. Also you can make a account, so you can make a Wish List of the parts you want. The Wish List feature also total up prices, except for shipping.

Hope this helps you out some.
  4. 1-CPU
    2-Ram
    3-Motherboard
    4-Graphic Card
    5-DVD/RW
    6-HD
    7-CPU Fan
    8-Case
    ok what is psu and i dont know how to over clock so i wont be
  5. Quote:
    ok what is psu and i dont know how to over clock so i wont be

PSU means Power Supply.
  6. ha
    9-PSU

Quote:
    EVGA Graphic cards & they also have a very good 680i mobo.
    Asus: mobo
    DFI: mobo
    Samsung: DVD/RW Burner
    Enermax, PC Power & Cooling, OCZ GameStream & Thermaltake are some of the top PSU vendors.

Ram, Depends on OS: Vista go for 4gb and XP go for 2gb. Look for DDR2(800) that uses Micron D9 memory chip modules.

Sound Card: Creative is leader, but would suggest Bluegears' b-Enspirer. Found them to out perform Creative and has none of the bloatware.

Segate 320gb perpendicular HD is very good.

Case(s) you want something that you like(looks good to you). Thermaltake, Antec, Lian Li; make some of the best around.

which asus and what CPU??
  7. If you don't intend to overclock and want something that will serve you for a while to come a quadcore C2D should be on your short list, and a single 8800xxx GPU should be plenty. You can take the money you saved by not going SLI or getting the Striker and put it into a nice fast large monitor, good case with ventilation, memory, HDDs, soundcard...etc, heck play up the extras and get an HDTV tuner and watch/capture your favorite shows. Whatever you do, make it your machine and have fun!
  8. Open Box: ASUS Striker Extreme on NewEgg -> $252 Great deal or consider those eVGA 680i motherboards, they're great quality, not much difference compared to Striker Extreme. I won't pay Striker Extreme's full retail price, but Open Box price is pretty good. I've purchase 11 Open Box motherboards from NewEgg, for really cheap, and so far, all worked, just like brand new. In fact, none of them looked as though they had anything missing, or has any sign of use.
    4x 1GB Super Talent DDR2-5400 -> These modules, has been proven by me, to overclock way above 800MHz, consistently, I got one of them running at 1014MHz at CL5. At 667MHz, it's running CL4 perfectly fine, and at 533MHz, CL3 without problems.
    2x 8800GTX for SLI -> $520 each
    OCZ GameXStream 850Watt PSU
    2x Raptor X 150GB (RAID-0 = 300GB)

Now, all these add up on NewEgg to a total of $2156.91, that's without even considering the rebates. There are $150 worth of rebates there, which will make your system get close to $2000.

So, you got another $500 for CPU, HSF, and a good casing, that's more than enough.

You can get a Q6600 for $485 shipped, or if you want dual core, go with E6300/E6320 and overclock every single juice out of it, which will save you some money, they're proven overclockers. Or go for higher ends, such as E6600, etc. Toss in a Tuniq Tower 120, and you're good to go.

Use those recommendation as a simple guideline, you might think 8800GTX SLI is overkill, you can go cheaper, way cheaper, by going 8800GTS SLI, or just a single 8800GTX might suffice. 4GB of RAM might be overkill, might want to consider 2GB. 2x Raptor X might be overkill, might want to consider Seagate 7200.10, more space, way cheaper, won't notice that huge of a difference.

And if you make some changes to what I recommended, you might even be able to toss in a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality ... or a decent 5.1 sound system, such as the Logitech Z-5300e (the best value for money sound system, great bass, very balanced lows, mids, and highs, for less than $150) ...

The idea is that, $2500 is A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY ... you can achieve a lot out of that ... If only I could come up with $2500, God knows what a monster I can build with it ... I've built countless budget system, and sell them to make profit for myself ...

Hope what I wrote out helps ya out ... :)
  9. thanx WiZ83
    BUT DO NewEgg ships to U.A.E (united Arab Emirates) :(
    thank you verrrrry much even if they dont ships to u.a.e because you gave me some idea that help me alot but if they do i have to send half the money i save to you
  10. I don't know if there's much company that would ship internationally, but you could call them up and arrange something?

And it wouldn't hurt for me to have some extra cash. :P
  11. Believe TigerDirect does International orders, Here is contact page.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/help/international.asp
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computer Striker Extreme Overclocking