Sign in with
Your question

Twain error canoscan lde 35

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 16, 2010 4:50:18 AM

Hi, I have a Windows Vista PC with a Canon scan LDE 35 connected. It worked fine until 3 days ago ( May 12).
Suddenly the Arcsoft software version 5.5 does not see the scanner and reports a TWAIN error. I check the device manager in the PC and it reports that the device is working properly. I checked the driver on line and found that I have the latest driver installed. As a side note. There was a WIndows Vista upgrade running in the background 2 days ago.
PLease help.
Thank you , John Claesen
a b \ Driver
May 17, 2010 5:17:49 AM

Reboot. If that doesn't resolve the problem, then recommend trying the System Restore to before the Vista upgrade.
If that works, then recommend setting the Windows Update to manual.
May 17, 2010 5:35:27 AM

Gandalf said:
Reboot. If that doesn't resolve the problem, then recommend trying the System Restore to before the Vista upgrade.
If that works, then recommend setting the Windows Update to manual.

Hello Gandalf,

Reboot does hot help
I did all the steps and restored to 14 days ago.
I also checked the WIA settings and it is set to automatic.
I removed the Arcsoft software and drivers and re-installed them.
The result is that I can scan once and that after the scan the Arcsoft is dead for about a minute and then shows the picture and at the same time shows the TWAIN error again.
I then need to go into services and start the WIA again and then it works again one time.
Related resources
a b \ Driver
May 17, 2010 6:08:46 AM

Assuming the driver is good, it is possible the scanner has a problem.
Can you try it on a second computer?
June 7, 2010 4:20:46 AM

Gandalf said:
Assuming the driver is good, it is possible the scanner has a problem.
Can you try it on a second computer?

The driver is good. I can scan 1 time, then the scanning software waits for 1 minute. After that it shows the scanned document which I can save. At the same time I get the " WIA has stopped working" error and I can wait for windows to find a solution on line. That takes about 30 seconds and then I can scan again 1 time.
July 14, 2010 7:45:48 PM

Gandalf said:
I'd recommend you go with a new scanner. Here is an example...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Hello Gandalf,

Since last week I have the so-called e-deposit from my bank.
The bank scans the check and immediately deposits the money into my account.
I connected this scanner LDE35 back to the PC and ran the bank's software which does not use TWAIN etc

IT WORKED !! I had no problems.

So, the problem is with the MIcrosoft Windows and the ARCsoft Photostudio 5.5 and not with the scanner itself. see the previous problem descroptions

Joop Claesen
!