Twain error canoscan lde 35

joopkl

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Hi, I have a Windows Vista PC with a Canon scan LDE 35 connected. It worked fine until 3 days ago ( May 12).
Suddenly the Arcsoft software version 5.5 does not see the scanner and reports a TWAIN error. I check the device manager in the PC and it reports that the device is working properly. I checked the driver on line and found that I have the latest driver installed. As a side note. There was a WIndows Vista upgrade running in the background 2 days ago.
PLease help.
Thank you , John Claesen

joopkl

Distinguished
May 16, 2010

Hello Gandalf,

Reboot does hot help
I did all the steps and restored to 14 days ago.
I also checked the WIA settings and it is set to automatic.
I removed the Arcsoft software and drivers and re-installed them.
The result is that I can scan once and that after the scan the Arcsoft is dead for about a minute and then shows the picture and at the same time shows the TWAIN error again.
I then need to go into services and start the WIA again and then it works again one time.

joopkl

Distinguished
May 16, 2010

The driver is good. I can scan 1 time, then the scanning software waits for 1 minute. After that it shows the scanned document which I can save. At the same time I get the " WIA has stopped working" error and I can wait for windows to find a solution on line. That takes about 30 seconds and then I can scan again 1 time.

joopkl

Distinguished
May 16, 2010

ay ay ay.. that is not a good solution. But if there is no other then IO have to throw away this 1 year old scanner :(

joopkl

Distinguished
May 16, 2010

Hello Gandalf,

Since last week I have the so-called e-deposit from my bank.
The bank scans the check and immediately deposits the money into my account.
I connected this scanner LDE35 back to the PC and ran the bank's software which does not use TWAIN etc

IT WORKED !! I had no problems.

So, the problem is with the MIcrosoft Windows and the ARCsoft Photostudio 5.5 and not with the scanner itself. see the previous problem descroptions

Joop Claesen